General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 AM
BillyJoeBob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Watch your temper!

You don't mess with a woman that has PMS and a handgun

Old 06-18-2008, 11:57 AM
BigBlueRig
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little more on the story.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25245109

Old 06-18-2008, 01:09 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to tell from that little bit if it was a clean shoot or not. A quick google check and it appears that Indiana has a castle doctrine on the books.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I'm not sure if it is exactly the same as the one in Florida but down here it applies to your vehicle as well.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
"Florida has a presumption that a person using force had a reasonable fear of death or serious injury to himself or another if (a) the person against whom he used force was illegally and forcefully entering a dwelling or occupied vehicle, was in the process of doing so, or removed or was attempting to remove a person against his will" from http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/rpt/2007-R-0052.htm&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
If the Indiana law is the same as the Florida law and he was getting all billy-bad-*** on her, and he was forcefully and illegally trying to enter or remove her from the vehicle, it might just get called a clean shoot.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
It's a shame either way because two lives will now never be the same.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
sbergloff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If we're all allowed to shoot people whenever we want cowboy style, I'm all for it.&nbsp\\; Since that's not the way it is, she had no right to shoot him unless he was trying to force his way into her SUV.&nbsp\\; She could have drove around his bike or at the most just show the gun, and he would likely back off.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG - that's terrible.&nbsp\\; I am so glad we have banned firearms.&nbsp\\; Still have a problem with knife crime though!&nbsp\\; I hope he lives and she get what's coming and rightfully deserves.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:06 PM
scoobs
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Gaffy52

OMG - that's terrible.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am so glad we have banned firearms.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Still have a problem with knife crime though!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I hope he lives and she get what's coming and rightfully deserves.
Hmmm dont you guys over there have some of the highest violent crime rates around?

Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not really that sure if she even needs a castle doctrine&nbsp\\; to prove self defence. depending on the state, she may or may not of had the obligation to run instead of shot. I know in New York you have the obligation to run, however, in Oklahoma you don't have to run you can protect yourself. castle doctrine would deal more with the protection of her property, IE. was she scared he was going to steal her SUV.
Bottom line he was wrong for getting off his bike and walking up to her car. In many smaller towns he would of gotten his *** kicked for threatening a woman. She would of gotten the point if he had just given her the finger.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

What if she almost ran his a$$ over while talking on the cell phone.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
What if she was cutting in and out of traffic with her SUV and almost slammed into him.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
What if she almost killed him and he was about to give her a piece of his mind.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
????????????????????????????
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008, 03:25 PM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

I agree with you myfirsthd.&nbsp\\; If he had a knife or a gun out then I can see her taking a shot at him. I'd like to know if she shot through the window or if she got out and then pulled the trigger. If she felt so scared and the argument started a mile earlier why didn't she call police? This sounds like she had a gun and was waiting for a reason to use it. My .02

Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Couple of things missing from the story. Is Indiana a concealed carry state and did she have a permit to carry. If either of those are a no, then she'll at least be looking at some jail time.&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!