General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Watch your temper!

ORIGINAL: Lucky66

Any updates on this?
Try here:

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/sto....11dad06f.html

Old 06-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Badfinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think she's in a world of hurt on this one:
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
1) She didn't have to pull over or stop and wait for him to walk back to her car
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
2) She had an RR incident a few months ago
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
3) She said she was scared but had the window down and the door unlocked
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
4) She may have hit him with the door
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
5) She and her son got out of the car and assaulted him after shooting him - not too scared!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
She ambushed him!
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 PM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't there, don't know what happened, but the guy is obviously an idiot for stopping her, and again for approaching her car, and again for doing it unarmed.
&nbsp\\;
And she is obviously an idiot for waiting for him to approach, not leaving, and escalating it to a gunshot to the chest.

But they're both obviously idiots for carrying a road rage battle on to begin with.
&nbsp\\;
My idiot brother got off his bike and punched a guy out in a pickup about ten years ago. Then he saw teh guy's gun in his hand after he fell over. It was amazing how that cured most of his road rage issues afterward.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 PM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh and one other thing... I love my guns, and my right as an American to own and carry them, but I learned at about 8 years old that you don't brandish a firearm unless you are going to use it, and you don't use it unless you are target practicing, hunting, or your life&nbsp\\;or that of someone around you is in immediate danger. None of the above were the case with this dumb bitch. I'm for the right to carry, but half of Americans these days don't have the brains or the heart to carry and it's only getting worse.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At least the cops are trying to pull her permit.&nbsp\\; The funny part is there is a copy of both 911 calls linked to this, and it sounds like both incidents are almost identical with different endings.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/sto...158f0.html?npc

Old 06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Latest update, I know some of you want to see the outcome...

JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) - It's a "no-call" from the prosecutor after a road rage shooting in Jeffersonville. Clark County Prosecutor Steve Stewart says there are too many gray areas for him to determine whether or not the shooting was self defense. So he wants a grand jury to decide Yolanda Parrish should face criminal charges. WAVE 3's Janelle MacDonald investigates.

Unlike in Kentucky, felony cases are not routinely heard by grand juries in Indiana. Stewart says he's only asked for one about a dozen times in his 18 years as prosecutor.

So why this time?

Stewart says the facts are not clear and there are a lot of questions. "Did Mrs. Parish believe that she was in imminent danger of serious bodily injury? Was the amount of force used reasonable under the circumstances?"

Was it really self defense that made 39-year-old Yolanda Parrish shoot 52-year-old Wes Mosier?

That's what it really boils down to for Stewart. "In this case, there are two undeniable facts: First that immediately prior to the shooting, Mr. Mosier was the aggressor and secondly, at the time of the shooting, Mr. Mosier was not armed with a deadly weapon and at no time displayed a weapon of any kind.

"Was Mr. Mosier merely a highway bully who clearly was the aggressor and got what was coming to him when he picked on and cornered someone who would not just cower and back down? Or was the shooting the inevitable result of a paranoid, out of control, trigger-happy driver who shot an unarmed man?"

According to Indiana law, deadly force is allowed only if a reasonable person fears serious bodily injury or to prevent an attack on an occupied motor vehicle.

Stewart says "where a person has used more force than necessary to repel an attack, the right to self defense is extinguished and the ultimate and practical result is the victim becomes the perpetrator."

In this case, as in many with claims of self defense, Stewart says there simply are no black and white answers. He also says there's conflicting evidence, so he doesn't feel he should decide if Parrish should be charged.

"I do think that the unique circumstances presented in this case justify the community's input into whether or not to go forward and what charges to proceed on," Stewart said. "I don't think that asking for a grand jury 12 times in the last 18 years is punting very often."

Stewart says the grand jury can decide whether anyone involved in the case should face charges after hearing all relevant evidence, but it's not yet clear if the grand jury will be allowed to hear about Parrish calling 911 in late March to say she had pulled her gun on another motorist on Allison Lane.

"I think it's relevant," Stewart said. "The question is whether or not it is too prejudicial to be heard by a grand jury or a regular jury. "The grand jury will decide what evidence they want to hear."

When I asked how the grand jury could make that decision if they didn't know about the incident, Stewart said he will lay it before them "as the legal advisor, yes."

Stewart says he will take no position and won't give the grand jury a recommendation as prosecutors often do. "I want them to be as fair and balanced and impartial as possible."

When I asked if he'd formed an opinion as to what should happen, he quickly answered "No," and after a long pause: "And if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

Mosier is still at University Hospital, recovering from a gunshot wound to the chest. Stewart says they've arranged to question him for the first time later in the week.

Our requests to speak to his family have gone unanswered.

Parrish's lawyer tells us she appreciated the prosecutor looking for all the facts before making a decision.

The Clark Circuit Court's office says 50 potential grand jurors will be called to come in July 9th. They're looking for a panel of six with one alternate.

From there, Stewart says it will be up to the grand jury to decide when and to meet and for how long.

He expects the proceedings to take a week to 10 days.

We also spoke with Jeffersonville Police Detective Todd Hollis about Parrish's gun permit. He said the information in this case as well as prior incidents involving Parrish has been sent to Indiana State Police since they are responsible for issuing and revoking concealed carry permits.

"Based on the fact that, within three months, Ms. Parrish has displayed that handgun on the street, and the prior incidents we feel that it is necessary for them to at least review this information and make a decision on whether the license needs to be pulled or not," Hollis said.

Hollis told us police support the prosecutor's decision to send the case to a grand jury.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:07 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my CHL and would never brandish. If you see my gun, you are about to get shot. Personally, I agree with others that she is screwed. She had plenty of opportunity to get out of the situation without the gunplay. However, I will say this should be a wake up call to anyone who thinks they are Mr. Billy Badass. Here in Texas, even the blue haired old ladies pack and they know how to use em. Like the post says, "watch your temper!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

Bump...

Old 06-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Any updates?
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-26-2008, 01:27 PM
bulkman2008
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I am glad she shot him and hopes she gets off , she probably will anyway . Big man runs up to a woman in her car with her kid sitting there got just was he deserved that`s why some people are allowed to carry a gun to calm a clown like that down , that pistol made her equal to him and like I said I think that`s a real good thing she did and should get an award for plugging that dumb ***** !

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!