General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:58 AM
notorious
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Watch your temper!

ORIGINAL: TwiggyAZ

ORIGINAL: RDM

You're very lucky they didn't call the police and report you for threatening them with a gun. It might have ended differently for you if they had taken that path.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Their very lucky I didnt shoot them.I DID tell the police about it and gave them the jerks&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;plate number.I wont go into the rest. Its a mute point.Im not going to be threatened by a semi, or a biker, or anyone else.I have a near miss with a cager probably 80% of the time I ride my bike and I have never done anything about it.I always avoid the situation at all costs.And I dont get pissed off that easily.I know most people dont look for me or cant see me and a I also know the cage always wins.And a Semi is a no brainer too.Guess you had to be there.As I said,I wont be threatened.Period.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I just couldn't help but to comment. Your toast if something ever happens in the future with your gun, referencing you previous comments. Your intent is clear and you didn't do all you could to avoid the situation(s). This is a public fourm and you have incriminated yourself.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:01 AM
notorious
Road Captain

Theres a million options.Get on phone call police if he is menacing.SHOW him your gun. Turn into a business and run inside.And yes, bump his bike when he gets off, hes going to go for the bike,then you get your *** out of there. If he wont let you pass,stop in the middle of the road.Seems there was time for her to make other decisions.Now if she had rolled up her window locked the door, and he busted through that, yes,shoot him while you are putting the car in reverse(if no one is behind you) and get the hell out of there,while calling police.If ANYONE kicked him while he was down. Slam them.
As a side thought, what do you think would have happened if she had “shown him the gun” and he pulled a weapon and fired on her because he now thought his life was in danger?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Brandishing a weapon in an attempt to gain leverage in a confrontation is not only dangerous but can also be illegal. It happened locally in a road rage incident and the guy that pulled the gun to warn off the aggressor ended up going to jail over it. I’ve always been instructed that you don’t pull a weapon unless you are fully prepared to use it as intended.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I would agree.In fact I was always taught by my father that if I pulled a gun I better intend to kill.That being said.I was in a position where a Semi truck was screwing with me, tailgaiting,laughing, pushing, while I was riding my bike(and no I did nothing to provoke it,they clearly hated bikers).I showed him my gun and it was very effective.He backed off and I got on my way.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 11:10 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: notorious

You're very lucky they didn't call the police and report you for threatening them with a gun. It might have ended differently for you if they had taken that path.
Their very lucky I didnt shoot them.I DID tell the police about it and gave them the jerks&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;plate number.I wont go into the rest. Its a mute point.Im not going to be threatened by a semi, or a biker, or anyone else.I have a near miss with a cager probably 80% of the time I ride my bike and I have never done anything about it.I always avoid the situation at all costs.And I dont get pissed off that easily.I know most people dont look for me or cant see me and a I also know the cage always wins.And a Semi is a no brainer too.Guess you had to be there.As I said,I wont be threatened.Period.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I just couldn't help but to comment. Your toast if something ever happens in the future with your gun, referencing you previous comments. Your intent is clear and you didn't do all you could to avoid the situation(s). This is a public fourm and you have incriminated yourself.
&nbsp\\;
WOW!Im really scared now.Whatever will I do?Gee Im so sorry Ill never do it again[sm=grin.gif]

Old 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Way too many unknowns here to make any kind of educated call. However, if you approach me in a menacing way you had best not get within arms reach - at that point you ARE within a threat circle.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

Way too many unknowns here to make any kind of educated call. However, if you approach me in a menacing way you had best not get within arms reach - at that point you ARE within a threat circle.
&nbsp\\;
within arms reach you're already screwed.&nbsp\\; Was in some training and once a person got within 20 feet unless your gun was already drawn they'll close in before you'll get a good shot off.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 12:27 PM
onearmbandit
6th Gear

If someone stops their vehicle in front of me and heads towards my car they have definatelly crossed from fellow motorist to aggressive potential attacker. Especially if my kid is in the car with me. I would rather shoot some ******* just to be safe&nbsp\\;then chance one hair on my kids head being misplaced. That being said, I am a very nice and curtious driver and would never willingly endanger anyone on the road. I show others respect and expect the same in return. I will never approach anyones vehicle in a threatening manner and I would advise noone approaches mine.
&nbsp\\;
Simple...dont be an idiot and run up to someones car all pissed off and you wont get shot. Respect others.
&nbsp\\;
We dont know the full story and never will but he approached her car. He was the one being aggressive

Old 06-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Phlipper
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Everyone in the US should be issued a handgun when they turn 18 and taught to use it.&nbsp\\; Law of the jungle.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 PM
boone432
Road Captain

wow. that is unbelievable!!! i would have to say that the women definately over reacted. just keeping the gun under her seat is an overreaction. i mean, are you that terrified to drive around without a gun? here in illinois, i believe that guns have to be kept out of your reach if you have one in your car.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

I can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:41 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Boone, it's called "being prepared".&nbsp\\; You approach MY vehicle, you can BET there's a gun in it.&nbsp\\; Don't PLAN or WANT to shoot anyone - but if it's a choice between me an' them, they lose.&nbsp\\; You obviously have little to no knowledge of the legalities and responsibilities of gun ownership, so yeah - don't carry one.&nbsp\\; I've carried since I started ridin' horses, then on to motorcycles/cars - an' the few times I've needed a gun I was ready.&nbsp\\; If you don't want to, fine - but don't even THINK about restricting my ability to do so.&nbsp\\; If I screw up, demand that I pay the price - it's the cost of admission.

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!