General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Site Problems: Complain to the Advertisers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Site Problems: Complain to the Advertisers

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

perhaps the bigger bitch should be about all the people staring bitch threads and "why can't I" threads, without reading the sticky at the top
&nbsp\\;
cant open sticky, dammit, didnt mean to bitch, nevermind

Old 06-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sledgeb1

I never understood people bitchiung about something that is FREE. If you are upset go somewhere else. I agree with giving them time, it is not like they want the problems. The funny thing is that it seems most of the people doing the loudest complaining have never contributed a penny to the site, yet they complain the most. My view, get a life or go somewhere else if it is so bad here.
&nbsp\\;
+ 1 ^

Old 06-18-2008, 04:58 PM
57springer57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gaffy52

I never understood people bitchiung about something that is FREE. If you are upset go somewhere else. I agree with giving them time, it is not like they want the problems. The funny thing is that it seems most of the people doing the loudest complaining have never contributed a penny to the site, yet they complain the most. My view, get a life or go somewhere else if it is so bad here.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[sm=exactly.gif]
+ 1 ^

Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 404 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldgeezer

Perhaps if everyone sent an e-mail to the advertisers on this site informing them that they are losing exposure, it would get fixed.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Just a thought.
&nbsp\\;
If we can see the advertisers on this site, they must not be losing exposure. Perhaps it would be better to email companies that aren't on this site and tell them they are missing an&nbsp\\;opportunity to reach a large audience.
&nbsp\\;
Then the additional revenue could be used to fix this site. &nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 01:47 AM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, if the site was running really well would you tell the advertisers about that?
&nbsp\\;
Face it.&nbsp\\; The house is broke and they’re repairing it. &nbsp\\;Either move out or deal with the mess.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:12 AM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

&nbsp\\;
Yeah I know it's free and we all have better things to do-like ride.&nbsp\\; That said, it's been going on close to a month now isn't it?&nbsp\\; I mean, come on, that is just ridiculous.&nbsp\\; You can't tell me it takes a month to fix.&nbsp\\; And I think the admin should post an ETA on when they THINK it will be fixed-and if they have I have not seen it so sorry for even bringing it up.&nbsp\\; I'm only logging on every 3 or 4 days now as opposed to several times daily prior....

Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

With&nbsp\\;all of the moaning and groaning going on it makes you wonder how anyone managed to survive before personal computers (and internet Forums) were available to occupy&nbsp\\;a large part of our free time.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 09:33 AM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

CContnternal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

Above is what I get when I click on a forum advertisers link (any advertisers link).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
EDIT:&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; only reason I even clicked is because I've had the same problem for almost a year.....it was reported to the "tech guys" 8/07.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; And no, I'm not a contributor but have at least attempted to do some positive on the site.....such as submitting a "how to" write up which is still referenced when people are removing batwing fairings.&nbsp\\; It is a free site....intended for recreation and information sharing.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Hard to share much info if you have trouble making a post...hoping it gets back to normal soon, at least then won't have so much bitchin'

Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

C'mon guys. This site along with many others was hacked. The same unfortunate people host all of those sites and I'm amazed they are keeping them running while they fix them one at a time. Terry and the mods don't work the servers so they can't do anything other than wait with the rest of us.

I don't know where it stands now but I'm just glad it isn't my problem, no kidding.

JB
Microsoft Certified Systems (network, internet) Engineer.

Quick Reply: Site Problems: Complain to the Advertisers