General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Were you nervous when you got your new bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008 | 04:23 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Were you nervous when you got your new bike?

The only thing I was nervous about was going from a 500 pound bike to a 850 pound bike.&nbsp\\; Took a little getting&nbsp\\;used to.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008 | 04:26 PM
1hd08EGC
Cruiser

The move to the bigger bike was my concern, too. I took a couple of loops around the parking lot before heading out into the street. Then is was GREAT!

Peace,

JRay

Old 06-05-2008 | 05:48 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

No.

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:01 PM
donbarnes
Intermediate

What's to be nervous about? I had never ridden in my life, drove 3 hours in the rain and trailered it home, no problems at all that day... 2 days later I dumped it in a ditch a block from the house, so nervous after that I bought a smaller bike on Ebay that had a lot less power and idled slower...still nervous on my Dyna, but I do have 100 whole miles on it now since January

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:16 PM
rbabos
Banned

Hell, ya nervous. Been 30 years with last bike being a pan chopper. Weather was bad for two weeks before it warmed up enough to get it. In that time I excersised, jumped on a bicycle to see if I could ride it. I could. Biggest fear was falling over in the dealer lot with it. Thought about that one , a lot. Planned for early afternoon as traffic would be lighter, or so I thought. Went through the familiarization with sales guy and got the helmet and jacket. Started the engine, popped her into first gear, and what was a hussel and bussel place during the talk, the whole place seemed deserted. Couldn't see anyone around. First thought was they were all standing inside peering out the window at me. Anyway got it rolling and thought, so far , so good. Made my first stop at the entrance and pulled her out on the street. Hit heavy transport traffic in town and got through that no problem. Once out of site of the dealer, I decided to give it a good break in. One year later, we're best buds.
Ron

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:21 PM
wideglidemike
Cruiser

Oh yeah, ....when I got mine a couple of years ago\\; I hadn't ridden in 30 years. I had a friend of mine that is an experinced rider, ride it home from the dealership for me. I spent the first week just riding it around inside my gated community neighborhood until I felt comfortable. I highly recommend this method.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:34 PM
cabowabokjb
5th Gear

Picked up my 08 Road King Classic&nbsp\\;6 weeks ago in&nbsp\\;April...&nbsp\\; Almost puked the night before..&nbsp\\; Couldn't sleep..&nbsp\\; And that was going from riding a bike almost the same size..&nbsp\\; 1975 Shovelhead...&nbsp\\; But oooohhhh, how sweet it is now....

Old 06-05-2008 | 09:14 PM
CaptainBastard
Intermediate

had been twelve years or so. bike did not scare me but traffic did.

Old 06-05-2008 | 09:23 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member

Nope....not even when I get home,wife don't care ether....

Old 06-05-2008 | 09:46 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior

I have brought 2 new babies and 4 new cycles home in my lifetime. Was the 6 times I was most careful, paranoid, nervous and tense all at the same time. I cussed out any cage within 50 yards of me taking an educated guess of their nationality.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Were you nervous when you got your new bike?