General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiots who hate on Sportsters

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Idiots who hate on Sportsters

I spent the last two days on another board fighting it out in words with some idiot who was dead set on my 1200 Custom as a "girls bike".&nbsp\\; I mean, not the occasional comment, but a long string of posts stating all the reasons no real biker would ever ride a Sportster.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;I know we have all heard the complaints of insecure Sportster riders trying to get confirmation that people really are not making fun of them on their bikes behind their backs.&nbsp\\; But this is no look for confirmation, because I give a flying #$%# what someone thinks of me.&nbsp\\; This is just a bitch thread to let off some steam since I have been warned twice on the super family friendly site about getting "too angry".&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
The so called "motorcycle saleman" preached the horrors of being a guy on a "girls bike" and how him and the other salesmen would always laugh when guys road&nbsp\\;up on Sportsters.&nbsp\\;It ended with him photoshopping my avatar to look like a girl and posting it.&nbsp\\; Oh hell no, gave up and the admins deleted the pictures and locked his account.&nbsp\\; Funny how ballsy someone can get behind the protected world of the internet.&nbsp\\; Why don't I ever get to see someone in person trying to talk smack like that?&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Idiots who hate on Sportsters

Well don't come here trying to start ****.&nbsp\\; You catch flack because most of the sporty riders are whiney little tards like yourself and it stirs stuff up.&nbsp\\; If you feel inferior on your machine, that is your problem.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you saying women can't drive Sportsters?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Many of my friends wives, daughters and girlfriends own Sportys.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I don't really know any guys that own one, but I'm sure the ones that do would agree that a lot of women do own Sportys.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jpowell490

You catch flack because most of the sporty riders are whiney little tards like yourself and it stirs stuff up.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If you feel inferior on your machine, that is your problem.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Medicfrost

Are you saying women can't drive Sportsters?&nbsp\\;
Of course they can "drive" Sportsters.&nbsp\\; But they really belong on low slung easy to ride Dynas.&nbsp\\; [sm=badbadbad.gif] That's why Harley picked such a girly name like Dyna.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Asmodeus
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple of buds that ride sporties

One of them has over 40k on his 06 883, his first bike ever

and that 883 keeps up with the bigger vtwins

imho there is no such thing as a girls bike.&nbsp\\; unless of course you have the white basket with the pink flowers on the front of your sporty

heh heh

Old 06-05-2008, 08:30 AM
VA Biker
Tourer

I agree ,there is no "womens " bike. I think sme sportsters are the coolest looking bikes on the road. I just need something bigger for my daily comute on the highway. I would get a nightster in a heartbeat otherwise because they look bad azz.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Besides how can any bike be a womens bike when you see wemen riding everything from Ultra Classics to sport bikes. I guess Im saying wemen can ride whatever they want. Now a Mazda Miata on the other hand&nbsp\\;is a chick car..LOL

Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Usually it is said in fun(but not always) just think of those comments if u rode jap crap!!!It's ur ride enjoy it and move up if YOU want not to impress some insensitive a44.Happy trails
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
...................................BOSSMAN........ .................

Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 AM
mulch63
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Asmodeus

I have a couple of buds that ride sporties

One of them has over 40k on his 06 883, his first bike ever

and that 883 keeps up with the bigger vtwins

imho there is no such thing as a girls bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; unless of course you have the white basket with the pink flowers on the front of your sporty

heh heh
&nbsp\\;
....you forgot Honda...thats a girls bike.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Are you happy with your motorcycle?.......Well if you are then don't worry about what someone else thinks about it. Do you try to live your life trying to appease everyone. You are fortunate to own a motorcycle forget what others say and ride. Some people just try to make up for their "shotrcomings"&nbsp\\; by cracking on others. Screw him and the Hondayamasukisaki that he rode up on!!!

Quick Reply: Idiots who hate on Sportsters