General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiots who hate on Sportsters

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Idiots who hate on Sportsters

Hmmmmmm.....I kinda know where you are coming from on this one.&nbsp\\; When I bought my first HD it was 1200 Sportster and I alway felt, not so much it was a girls bike, but more that it was in some way a 'lesser' HD than a "BIG TWIN".&nbsp\\; I've got tanned leather for skin so I didn't give so much as a nat's **** what others thought.&nbsp\\; Like some one above said&nbsp\\;- are you happy with your motorcycle?.......Well if you are then don't worry about what someone else thinks about it.&nbsp\\; Sounds to me from what you said the Salesman was playing with your head to get you to spend more money by busting your ego - maybe you need to lighten up and see it for what it is.
&nbsp\\;
I for sure don't think its a girls bike or any the less of you for having one.&nbsp\\; Now if you are calling my Dyna a girls bike then you had better not come my way [:@]!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: UncleDon

Back when I was shopping for my first Harley,,,a friend of mine said to stay away from the Sportster as they are looked at being
"girlie bikes". I took his advice and I'm glad I did. What's sad is when I see a 250# plus guy riding the Sportie, it's just plain wrong. People ae judged by the clothes they wear too, so if you are a man on a Sportie,,,,,,suffer dude
The only thing sad about my 275lb *** on my sporty is that I'll still beat your big twin in the corners and in acceleration.&nbsp\\;

The following users liked this post:
skypeace (12-13-2018)
Old 06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
UncleDon
Banned

ORIGINAL: travroc

Back when I was shopping for my first Harley,,,a friend of mine said to stay away from the Sportster as they are looked at being
"girlie bikes". I took his advice and I'm glad I did. What's sad is when I see a 250# plus guy riding the Sportie, it's just plain wrong. People ae judged by the clothes they wear too, so if you are a man on a Sportie,,,,,,suffer dude
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Yeah, good thing you didn't go with that sporty or would've had to change your screen name to AuntDonna.
Not that is funny!!!&nbsp\\; Here's a story that I think is funny......last week I met a friend at a place where you can rent Harleys, he's a new rider&nbsp\\;with about a year of riding under his belt&nbsp\\;and he wants a RK or SG. Well they were all out of those bikes, all that were left were Sporties and EG's. The girl(from Switzerland and a hottie) could tell by his body langauge that he wasn't gonna try the EG, so she tried to get him to try the Sportster. She said something like, " you might like the Sportster, it's what the ladies ride and you might like this bike". I laffed out loud when she said that, made me think of the posts in HD Forum(yes I was thinking of you).&nbsp\\; We ended up going to one of the local dealers and he rented a SG. After putt puttin around town/parking lots I think he'll be renting lookin for something a tad smaller like the Night Train or FatBoy

Old 06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Someday, I hope to teach the Sporty owners in this forum to get over it........

Old 06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Pitts2112
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I was at a local bike gathering last night and got talking to this young kid who, it sounds, has been on bikes his whole, short life. He asked what I rode and I pointed to my Sporty. I asked him what he rode and he took me over to show me his Suzuki 125. Not ashamed in the least and happy to be at the gathering. He was on two wheels and that was what mattered to him. I admired him for riding what he could, whatever the circumstances. That kid's got the right attitude! [8D]

Besides, how can you call anything that weights 500 lbs and has a 1200cc engine a girls bike? Mind you, I like it to be a girls' bike more often. Seems to be a distinct lack of them around me at the moment...

Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

I wouldn't give a **** what people thought about my bike.&nbsp\\; I bought it, it's mine and that's that.&nbsp\\; Hell, I own a purple Ultra and I'm proud of it.&nbsp\\; It's a beautiful ride and rides smooth.....plus, it saves on gas.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 AM
AK47
Road Captain

&nbsp\\; Honestly what do you expect, you buy the cheepest harley while all the big twin guys forked out major $, so in their minds you are less superior, its not right but thats the way she goes.&nbsp\\; Any educated person knows that sporties are FUN bikes and most definately not only for girls, wish i could get one but at 240lbs i would look like a bear on a kids tricycle.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:38 AM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

ROFLMAO!&nbsp\\; Good visual, AK47!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
UncleDon
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lopoetve

The only thing sad about my 275lb *** on my sporty is that I'll still beat your big twin in the corners and in acceleration.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Lopoetve yes you will and that's fine by me. When you get to the next whistle stop save a seat for me, I'm not in a hurry. Lopo,are those saddle bags on your sportie or are those your butt cheeks?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, so I still want to hear somone tell Sonny Barger that Sportsters are "girl's bikes!" If you don't know who Sonny Barger is, do a little research! That was usually his ride of choice among the HD's.

doc mentioned "dirt bikes." We always called them that or "hill climbers" always in good fun. Some of the young newer riders seem to get all caught up in some of the macho bullshit and take themselves way too serious!&nbsp\\; If you like what you're riding screw the rest of em! If you don't really like it, then work towards getting the one you really want.......but don't ever knock somebody cause you don't agree with their choice of ride! 2 wheels is 2 wheels man! 43 years on the front seat this year...........I'd ride a Sporty any day and ya'll can kiss my furry ***!

Quick Reply: Idiots who hate on Sportsters