General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiots who hate on Sportsters

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 AM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Idiots who hate on Sportsters

Georgiabiker.......You're bike is a girls bike, so get over it.&nbsp\\; Wait a minute, I guess that makes mine a girls bike too.&nbsp\\;[sm=idontcare.gif]

Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
lwszabo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sportsters are great bikes, I wish I had the extra $ to get a nightster. They have got a lot of people into the HD thing. There is no such thing as a girls bike, just bikes that are rode by girls. for what its worth, I also like the sportster sport!

Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
rjgraham
Tourer

My wife has a 883 low and she is 4 11 1/2 which means she will always have one.....nothing else fits.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 AM
UncleDon
Banned

Back when I was shopping for my first Harley,,,a friend of mine said to stay away from the Sportster as they are looked at being
"girlie bikes". I took his advice and I'm glad I did. What's sad is when I see a 250# plus guy riding the Sportie, it's just plain wrong. People ae judged by the clothes they wear too, so if you are a man on a Sportie,,,,,,suffer dude

Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What pisssed me off was not the comments about the girls bike as much as because it was a thread by a newbie who was trying to decide between a larger inch metric and Sporster, both of which cost about the same.&nbsp\\; I could give a **** what someone thinks is the right or wrong bike to ride, but you don't go screwing with a thread of&nbsp\\;someone who doesn't know jack about bikes and who is trying to make a decent decision.
&nbsp\\;
He was asking for serious opinions and I gave him just that.&nbsp\\; Then this joker came on to dispute my post by saying get the metric because his knees would be in his chest on a Sportster and every real Harely guy would make fun of his Sportster.&nbsp\\; So we went at it as I fought off all his stupid *** thoughts on why Sportsters suck and are girl bikes.&nbsp\\; The OP was just asking for honest opinions and had some idiot try to screw with preception of a Sportster.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Novice
Tourer

OK, I'm lost. I read all of these messages. So, you are unhappy with your Sporty cause "some" people make fun of it&nbsp\\;and refer to it as a girls bike.&nbsp\\;My 1st Harley was going to be the Sportster but the wife wants to ride with me and insisted I go bigger. Then in another message you said that the Dyna is a girls bike because of the "girly" name?? Are you now bad-mouthing the Sporty AND the Dyna?? Why cant you be happy with what you have?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:00 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

Please some one with the ***** make the "girls bike" comment in person!&nbsp\\; I am starting to think this is some internet hoax or something.&nbsp\\; [sm=pcwhack.gif]
&nbsp\\;
Now what does **** me off is when somebody&nbsp\\;says "nice dyna".&nbsp\\; It's not a DAMN dyna!&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

We always used to refer to sporsters as "dirt bikes"...just to get a rise out of the guys riding them.
Didn't mean anything by it, just having fun.
Far as I'm concerned, It says Harley Davidson on the mfg. plate and that's good enough for me.
You should ride what you like, and what you can afford, but most important....RIDE!!!!!!&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 10:03 AM
travroc
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: UncleDon

Back when I was shopping for my first Harley,,,a friend of mine said to stay away from the Sportster as they are looked at being
"girlie bikes". I took his advice and I'm glad I did. What's sad is when I see a 250# plus guy riding the Sportie, it's just plain wrong. People ae judged by the clothes they wear too, so if you are a man on a Sportie,,,,,,suffer dude
&nbsp\\;
Yeah, good thing you didn't go with that sporty or would've had to change your screen name to AuntDonna.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Novice

OK, I'm lost. I read all of these messages. So, you are unhappy with your Sporty cause "some" people make fun of it&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;and refer to it as a girls bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;My 1st Harley was going to be the Sportster but the wife wants to ride with me and insisted I go bigger. Then in another message you said that the Dyna is a girls bike because of the "girly" name?? Are you now bad-mouthing the Sporty AND the Dyna?? Why cant you be happy with what you have?
&nbsp\\;
Let me help you out.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
The Dyna comment was for fun, I like Dynas and if I could afford a second bike I would have one.&nbsp\\; But if I had to choose between a Dyna&nbsp\\;and a Sporster, I would take the&nbsp\\;Sportster because I like to ride hard and the Dyna don't run light to light or the twisties as fast or fun.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Never made the comment I was unhappy with my Sportster.&nbsp\\; I love it!&nbsp\\; And I have never had a person make fun of it, or me on it, except for those idiots on the internet who only grow a pair of ***** when they log on.&nbsp\\; I would just assume nobody around me ride a Sportster so I could be more different, I am happy being the oddball.&nbsp\\; Different it good.
&nbsp\\;
And I ride 2 up with the little lady in the picture and the 1200 Custom fits just just fine and has plently of power to still run with the bigger bikes.

Quick Reply: Idiots who hate on Sportsters