General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiots who hate on Sportsters

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Idiots who hate on Sportsters

I think honestly the Woman's bike comes more from metric dealers who have to sell against a Harley that is comparably priced to their ricers, with better looks, &amp\\;&nbsp\\;no chromed plastic.&nbsp\\; What better way to sell&nbsp\\;Jap crap than tell the prospective buyer who says he is considering a Sportster that he will be made fun of by other Harley guys because&nbsp\\;a Sportster is a girls bike. The prospective buyer takes this to heart and buys the water cooled, plastic piece of crap instead of years of American tradition.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: georgiabiker

I spent the last two days on another board fighting it out in words with some idiot who was dead set on my 1200 Custom as a "girls bike".&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I mean, not the occasional comment, but a long string of posts stating all the reasons no real biker would ever ride a Sportster.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I know we have all heard the complaints of insecure Sportster riders trying to get confirmation that people really are not making fun of them on their bikes behind their backs.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But this is no look for confirmation, because I give a flying #$%# what someone thinks of me.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; This is just a bitch thread to let off some steam since I have been warned twice on the super family friendly site about getting "too angry".&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
The so called "motorcycle saleman" preached the horrors of being a guy on a "girls bike" and how him and the other salesmen would always laugh when guys road&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;up on Sportsters.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;It ended with him photoshopping my avatar to look like a girl and posting it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Oh hell no, gave up and the admins deleted the pictures and locked his account.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Funny how ballsy someone can get behind the protected world of the internet.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Why don't I ever get to see someone in person trying to talk smack like that?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Its tough not getting upset about idiots and their shallow opinions. I deal with them all day at work. That guy finds his identity in his bike. Don't stoop to that level,friend. Know who you are and be comforted in that. Not opinions of who others think you are.&nbsp\\; Secondly, it stinks that we can't meet these knuckleheads in person. I'm sure most wouldn't give me crap. They have internet muscles.
&nbsp\\;
jim

Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

I hope my 20 year aold son doesn't read this. We almost bought him a 01 Sporty last night for his first bike.
&nbsp\\;
It was purple &amp\\; silver &amp\\; he said "Dad, it looks like a girls bike" [sm=forgetit.gif],&nbsp\\; but it was the color that turned him off. We're still looking for a 1200.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 AM
TideRKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gerogiabiker

I would go back and read your original post in this thread and ask yourself If I dont care what other people think . . .&nbsp\\;why do I care
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Hap_Hazard
Cruiser

I spent the last two days on another board fighting it out in words with some idiot who was dead set on my 1200 Custom as a "girls bike".
I think he was wrong too...the Softail Deluxe was made especially for girls.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
sweet07
Outstanding HDF Member

I personally think the sporties are BADASS! If I wasn't such a big guy that's what I'd ride.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Fuggem.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; That damn 03 black and silver sporty is THE ****!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; BTW, nice looking&nbsp\\;bike ya got there!

Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, it's rare that I see a woman on a Sportster.&nbsp\\; I see them mostly on Low Riders and Deluxes, or Electras.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I miss my Sporty but I don't miss that side of the forum. Way too many self-conscious so called "men" who complain about someone calling their bike a "beginner" or a "girl's" bike. Really who cares? You do apparently. I didn't buy a Sporty becuase I was a beginner, I bought it because I wanted something I knew I could get into and sling around turns and kick up when I wanted. It was even blue... bright freakin' blue. I got teased and poked at by other rides (mainly the sportbike guys) but it is a a pretty bike and I loved it. Not once in the 6,000 miles I had it did I come on this forum and bitch about someone making fun of me. Your man card didn't get pulled when you got a Sportster... your man card got pulled the moment you hit the "OK" button on this forum and bitched about someone making fun of you. Are you 12? Jesus H Christ!

Man up, grow a sack, a stick, and shut up and ride.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 296 Posts

Its like anything else at any site anywhere....Someone always have to make themselves feel superior by making someone feel small.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I have a Sportster in my past, great bike and I am not sorry for owning it.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; That said Chicks ride all sorts of Harleys...Including Street Glides.
&nbsp\\;
Who gives a damn what you ride, or what you wear....Its HS mentality.&nbsp\\; Don't get caught up in it.... Its all ridiculous!
&nbsp\\;
Someone set&nbsp\\;a trap....And you ate the cheese!&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member

Best mill HD makes,50 years of non stop production.Affordable,great gas mileage. White basket optional.

[IMG]local://upfiles/42833/AE55769820DD4D8197980CC7C2251879.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Idiots who hate on Sportsters