Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Define scheduled???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Define scheduled???

OK, readers digest version. I ordered some chrome forks and hand controls, and braided cables for my Ultra, and planned on having them installed sometime later this summer. Decided to ride to ROT, and so stopped into local Indy shop&nbsp\\;to see&nbsp\\;if he could get them on before I left. This was week before last. He tells me that he has one of his guys off first three days of last week, so drop it off after that. Realize I needed a back tire, so he's putting one on for me also. So I stop in last Thursday, and ask him when exactly he wants the bike. He says keep it over the weekend, and drop it off to him on Monday. So I drop it off, and he asks me again when I am leaving. I say next Wed morning, but would like to have the bike back for a few days before, so I can make sure the tire is good, no air in the brakes, forks are ok, etc.(Don't want to start a 3000 mile trip on a bike right out of service) I told him if possible that I would really like to have it back by Thursday because I wanted to ride my gal down to the river for dinner. The guy acts like it's no problem, but did not say absolutely.
So I go in today at 5pm to check on progress and see if I'll have it back tomorrow, and it is sitting there not having been touched. There are bikes on the lifts that were not there when mine was dropped off. Now he could have said he hasn't gotten to it yet, or told me someone had an emergency and needed theirs right away, or something like that, and I would not have given it another thought. But he told me "If you want it that fast you have to schedule it" WTF??? I thought the two times I stopped in and he told me when to bring it in that it was scheduled. If he couldn't get to it until later this week, I could have ridden it to work the last three days instead of burning $4.70 a gallon diesel in my truck. I'm not happy, but i realize he never gave me a firm day it would be done. I'm just flabbergasted by the "scheduled" remark. So am I just upset because I am in a pissy mood, or would you have thought you were scheduled???

Old 06-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Define scheduled???

Just put a friendly call into him tomorrow and say that you want to schedule to have your bike done today or you need to pick it up and find another shop.&nbsp\\; Sounds kinds bogus to me.&nbsp\\; But if he is any good the work you need done is only a one day job.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 PM
UncleDon
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why are you telling us your problems?&nbsp\\; don't you have a mommie to tell?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
atomic
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it home and install them yourself.&nbsp\\; You save yourself some money and it gets done right away.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 PM
EGlider
6th Gear

Sounds like a bit of a difference in intentions. The Indy shop I hang at has a ton of guys that come in and say they want things done and then we never see them again. A lot of them are just checking prices from on place to the next. I understand if you got a different impression but if this guy has the same kind of thing going on he might have assumed you were just checking&nbsp\\; and not scheduling.
&nbsp\\;
Maybe if it is a reputable place (or one that wants to be) he will try to make it right. With the amount of mods you want to make I wouldn't want to rush the job. He might have his oil change guy doing your controls and this is different than just have=ing to remember to put the drain plug back in. Be willing to wait untill after your trip unless you want to chance a rush job.
Just my 2 cents from seeing the other side of things.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-06-2008, 07:03 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: UncleDon

why are you telling us your problems?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; don't you have a mommie to tell?
&nbsp\\;
UnclefknDon, I swear you're a fkn plant here to stir up ****. I keep seeing these ugly posts. For a fkn newbie you sure can stir it up.
&nbsp\\;
You have some kind of bet with someone as to how much **** you can stir up at hdf?
&nbsp\\;
In another thread someone else called you the biggest azzhole on this forum. Now I'm callin'.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:08 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Some people just cant schedule their work.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JBaker421

why are you telling us your problems?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; don't you have a mommie to tell?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
UnclefknDon, I swear you're a fkn plant here to stir up ****. I keep seeing these ugly posts. For a fkn newbie you sure can stir it up.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
You have some kind of bet with someone as to how much **** you can stir up at hdf?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
In another thread someone else called you the biggest azzhole on this forum. Now I'm callin'.
&nbsp\\;
Amen to that JB - sld's post didn't warrent that&nbsp\\;comment at all.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:10 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

ORIGINAL: JBaker421

why are you telling us your problems?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; don't you have a mommie to tell?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Hmmm, I was thinkin the same thing.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

Well... you told him you wanted it by next wed. and you brought the bike and left it there. I wouldn't call it scheduled, but he had a time you wanted it done by and the bike. I'd expect it to be done by then.

Quick Reply: Define scheduled???