General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

60 yo biker hit

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Nashville
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60 yo biker hit

I can't find the link yet. Local news reports a 62 year old motorcycle rider was killed last night here in Nashville.
Woman driving a Lexus was drunk, hit a car after leaving a bar, left the scene, then struck and killed the motorcyclist, left that site, and hit something else before the police caught up with her.

That was last night- she bonded out of jail this morning- before 7am.

Updated with link.
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=8429258

Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 AM
RetroHarley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 60 yo biker hit

ORIGINAL: Nashville

I can't find the link yet.
http://www.tennessean.com/

Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Special Liberty
Intermediate

WTF , This woman got released after posting bond the next ,morning. Two hit and runs and Killing someone on a Motorcycle and leaving the scene of accident.I really believe all of US need to demand our laws need to be changed . If someone hits a Biker and they are at fault . They need to face the maximum sentence in prison.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

No, they need to stop people from being able to drive cars drunk. Laws don't work because people and we all know some of them, never think they are going to get caught. These people senselessly taking the lives of bikers and others on the roads are our neighbors, our friends, even our family. But for the grace of God, it could've been me back in the day.

We can put a man on the moon. We can put 10 different safety devices on my power tools and lawnmowers to protect me from my own stupidity. Lexus can even invent a car that parks itself.

But we can't stop drunk people from operating 4000lb death machines. BS.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:41 AM
homefront
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1, jimmers1817.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:42 AM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, hate to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends the victim. How in the hell did they come up with a bail amount so damn quick? Does not make sense to me, especially with a death involved. There is no way she would have made bond that quick here in California.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:17 AM
DMSC
Road Master

I think the reason she was able to post bond and be released so soon is that she hasn't been charged with anything other than a couple of minor violations...so far. IF the police could 100% determine she was driver who hit and killed the motorcyclist, she would have been charged with some sort of greater offense already.

Drunk/on drugs drivers scare me a lot more than soccer moms on cell phones...though they scare me too! Then, once the drunk has done something like this, it seems as though the prevaling attitude is that they shouldn't be punished becuase it happened while they were drunk! [:@]

Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear this. Yes she's innocent until proven guilty. She'd get up to 15 years in Michigan with a minimum of 4 1/2 years in prison.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 AM
tattoo13
Cruiser

The absolute blatant reguard she showed should land her in jail for life, it is sad that there are people out there who are just so f'en self important that keeping themselves out of trouble is worth risking others lives. ARG it pisses me off sooooo much to here this crap.
For sure justice should make sure she never has a chance to drive a vehicle again, that is after LOTS of jail time.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 AM
TideRKC
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jimmers1817

No, they need to stop people from being able to drive cars drunk. Laws don't work because people and we all know some of them, never think they are going to get caught. These people senselessly taking the lives of bikers and others on the roads are our neighbors, our friends, even our family. But for the grace of God, it could've been me back in the day.

We can put a man on the moon. We can put 10 different safety devices on my power tools and lawnmowers to protect me from my own stupidity. Lexus can even invent a car that parks itself.

But we can't stop drunk people from operating 4000lb death machines. BS.
They have Breathalyzer Interlocksthat won't allow you to start your car if you blow over a set limit. But, why should I have to have one in my car?

I know of a guy who has had SEVEN DUIs. He had one of these devices on his car for a year after number 6 and got number 7 less than one month after getting it taken off.

Quick Reply: 60 yo biker hit