General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

60 yo biker hit

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:05 AM
UncleDon
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 60 yo biker hit

Unbelievable,,,,,,so sad for the biker, he was probably having a great ride then some drunk ended it. Keep us posted on the rest of the story

Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
jerryh57
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think her name needs to be published so all her yuppy friends know shes a killer and a drunk.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 PM
UncleDon
Banned

jerry,click on the first link in first post,it shows her face and name

Old 06-04-2008, 03:26 PM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

remember oj was aquitted. $$$$ talks with our justice system unfortunately. looks like she has plenty of it. sad for the family of the innocent man that was killed. keep us updated.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy in this state refusal to take a breathalyzer is an automatic suspension.

I know of a case where the lock out was put on a DUI's vehicle, so what did he do? He went out and and had someone rent a vehicle thenHit someone with the rental car...

Old 06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: TideRKC

They have Breathalyzer Interlocksthat won't allow you to start your car if you blow over a set limit. But, why should I have to have one in my car?
I don't know, why do all my power tools and lawnmowers have to all sorts expensive safety add ons because some idiots don't know how to use them in a safe manner. If we can accept them and pay for them, we can do the same to prevent drunk driving deaths.

A car is a deadly weapon capable of killing many people in the blink of an eye. You can't wait till someone gets caught 2, 3 or 4 times to put a devicein their car. One time is all it takes to kill someone. Their victims gets no second chances.

I maintain that the technology either exists orcan bedeveloped that will quickly and easily determine whether a drunk is behind the wheel. A passive system that scans the eyes like the hgn test the police use, or something along those lines would be the ticket.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
albertasaurus
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

&lt\\;P&gt\\;
ORIGINAL: TideRKC&lt\\;BR&gt\\;&lt\\;BR&gt\\;
ORIGINAL: jimmers1817&lt\\;BR&gt\\;&lt\\;BR&gt\\;No, they need to stop people from being able to drive cars drunk.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Laws don’t work because people and we all know some of them, never think they are going to get caught.&amp\\;nbsp\\; These people senselessly taking the lives of bikers and others on the roads are our neighbors, our friends, even our family. But for the grace of God, it could’ve been me back in the day.&lt\\;BR&gt\\;&lt\\;BR&gt\\;We can put a man on the moon.&amp\\;nbsp\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\; We can put 10 different safety devices on my power tools and lawnmowers to protect me from my own stupidity.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Lexus can even invent a car that parks itself.&lt\\;BR&gt\\;&lt\\;BR&gt\\;But we can’t stop drunk people from operating 4000lb death machines.&amp\\;nbsp\\; BS.&lt\\;BR&gt\\;
&lt\\;BR&gt\\;&lt\\;BR&gt\\;They have Breathalyzer Interlocks&amp\\;nbsp\\;that won’t allow you to start your car if you blow over a set limit.&amp\\;nbsp\\; But, why should I have to have one in my car?&amp\\;nbsp\\; &lt\\;BR&gt\\;&lt\\;BR&gt\\;I know of a guy who has had SEVEN DUIs.&amp\\;nbsp\\; He had one of these devices on his car for a year after number 6 and got number 7 less than one month after getting it taken off.&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;BR&gt\\;
&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;These people with multiple DUI’s are a menace to society and should be treated as such.&amp\\;nbsp\\; It’s obvious that they have no regard to the public safety.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Unfortunately, no matter what the in-justice system throws at them, they always seem to end up behind the wheel of a vehicle again.&amp\\;nbsp\\; I say that after a third DUI conviction you deserve dangerous offender status and should spend a VERY long time in prison.&lt\\;/P&gt\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
UncleDon
Banned

blame it on these politicians that don&amp\\;rsquo\\;t have a pair .&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I'm going to go mow my property,hopefully I don't get hit by a drunk driver,,,,,,back in 3 hrs

Old 06-04-2008, 06:14 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

Wouldn't it be amusing to print this article up with her picture and post a few thousand around the area in which she lives???&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Jim aka kiltiemon&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; (I mean it IS just news... no accusations or anything like that!!!)
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I can just SEE it on a large billboard that people in her neighborhood would pass by daily!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Nashville
Tourer

ORIGINAL: UncleDon

Unbelievable,,,,,,so sad for the biker, he was probably having a great ride then some drunk ended it. Keep us posted on the rest of the story
&nbsp\\;
Found out the biker's nephew works in our factory.

Quick Reply: 60 yo biker hit