General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oregon fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008 | 08:13 PM
Twolf
Road Master
Default RE: oregon fuel

WOW!

WTF kinda weird-assed legislation is behind alla that BS?

I fill my bike MYSELF, and put whatever fuel I can afford in my truck MYSELF!

You touch my scoot, my truck, or my dog without my permission... The fight is ON!

Ya touch my OL, I'll step back. She can handle her own.

<edit> Maybe OreGONE is on my list of states NOT ta go to, like the PRK (People's Republik of Kalifornia).[:@]

You Oregon people, y'all have some GREAT country up there.

PLEASE tell me that I don't have ta have some snot-nosed punk pump my fuel for me? [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 06-03-2008 | 08:56 PM
fonemann
Road Captain

New Jersey is the same way.............

Old 06-03-2008 | 09:29 PM
TooManyClowns
Tourer

I was down in Bend last week, and since I'm planning on doing some riding down there, I asked about gassing bikes, while having the car filled....
I was told that bikes get to fill their own tank..
I don't know about starting & stopping the pump tho...I didn't ask..

Old 06-03-2008 | 09:51 PM
tseek555
Road Master

Being an Oregon Resident, I have filled up many times. They have always started the pump and handed me the nozzle. When done if not busy they always try to be right there to take the nozzle and replace it. Many, Many times I have finished and they are busy, so I replace the nozzle and pull the reciept, No one has ever said a word to me...............I agree with Twolf, but this isn't the first or weirdest thing our government has ever done.............Doug

Old 06-03-2008 | 09:56 PM
UncleDon
Banned

ORIGINAL: JBaker421

+1. I've never had one fail to give me a rag or windshield towel, too.
I bet you loved the reach around

Old 06-04-2008 | 12:25 AM
LittleBsMomma
Tourer

They always let us fill our bikes ourselves. Most even let me turn to pump on/off myself.As also stated they are really good with giving a rag to prevent spills.

As far as pumping gas for me in my trucks, I am spoiled and don't mind not having to get outta the truck, especially in the winter

Old 06-04-2008 | 02:36 AM
evilmonkey
Cruiser

For all of You Oregon law was changed to allow bikers to fill their own tanks. There is no self service in Oregon. The attendant must start the process and then hand the nozzle to you. Then he is required to take it back and replace it on the pump. Most of the time they start it and hand it to you and then just stand back and watch you spill the fuel, Heh Heh.
At least we don have those stupid vapor trap nozzles like in CA, hate those things. As far as fuel goes its all the same where ever you get it. All comes from the same tanks the fuel trucks get it from. Have not gotten any bad fuel here anywhere I have stopped.

Old 06-04-2008 | 03:02 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

WOW!!!

Didn't see anyone write anything about having ta have some snot-nosed punk pumpyer fuel for ya!

No need to get yer dick in an uproar.

Never had an attendant touch there nozzle to my tank, ever.
ORIGINAL: Twolf

WOW!

WTF kinda weird-assed legislation is behind alla that BS?

I fill my bike MYSELF, and put whatever fuel I can afford in my truck MYSELF!

You touch my scoot, my truck, or my dog without my permission... The fight is ON!

Ya touch my OL, I'll step back. She can handle her own.

<edit> Maybe OreGONE is on my list of states NOT ta go to, like the PRK (People's Republik of Kalifornia).[:@]

You Oregon people, y'all have some GREAT country up there.

PLEASE tell me that I don't have ta have some snot-nosed punk pump my fuel for me? [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 06-04-2008 | 05:54 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tread 2007 ultra

I drove though oregon last summer on my way to Idaho.
They started the pump and let me pump the gas .The girl told me they let bikes and classic cars pump ther own gas ,but they have to turn the pump on and off.
Ditto here in my trip thru Oregon last summer. I imagine they don't wanna fool with filling a m/c so will let you do it after the attendant turns on the pump.

Old 06-04-2008 | 10:52 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

man twolf your one bad *** what are you 115lbs and ride a sporty with 10,000 $ in accories, and you have the chaps and all the fringe, and you wear hd t-shirts to church, even your ol is bad boy you are one tuffy

Quick Reply: oregon fuel