General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It happened...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008 | 08:52 AM
Jumpman
|
Road Warrior
Default It happened...

So...

We were 'kidless' this weekend.
Took the Wifey out for dinner on Friday nite, and then took her to the mall for some new clothes.

While she went shopping with her mom on Saturday, I put about 50 miles on the scoot - then met-up with my Pops & our buddy.My uncle was in town, so we put him on our Softail & went out fora few hours. Stopped for lunch, stopped by a H-D shop & picked-up a fewshiney parts. Got some sun.At our last stop, the starter went-out on theSoftail - so I had tocome get a pick-up to haul it home. Oh well. Another project.

Took the wifey out for a drink on Saturday nite. Came home & did'grown-up' stuff in the kitchen, living room...and then finally in the bedroom. Slept very well.

Got up Sunday morning and put wifeyon the bike & rode to get breakfast... Then put about2.5 hourson the scoot just going nowhere.

We grabbed the truck & went to getour daughter and came home so I could nap on the couch. Once it cooled-off, I got out and cut the lawn and got the garage cleaned-up a bit.

---

Sitting in my office now, back to work - and it's not looking like it's going to be a good day.

Bike is still dirty from getting caught in the rain 2 weeks ago. Petcock is sitting on 'reserve' after the 2nd full tank of fuel I used this weekend....

But - Ya'll know what??? It was a damned good weekend.No crashes. No drama. Just good food, and good riding.

They should all be like that.

Old 06-02-2008 | 09:01 AM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Default RE: It happened...

I had a similar weekend... sans the kitchen.

Congrats on a good weekend and hopefully many more!

Old 06-02-2008 | 09:04 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

Amen to that - those kinda weekends are few and far between and need to made the most of when they come around. How's the chandelier - its great when you can swing from it doing grown up stuff in the living room

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 06-02-2008 | 11:17 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior

+1 For Gaffy's request!

Old 06-02-2008 | 11:39 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

+2 or is it 3 on the grown up stuff!! Yes it was a good weekend for me as well!

Old 06-02-2008 | 12:00 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Must be sumthin in the air...similar weekend here too. One li'l twist tho. A 4 ft. rat snake made its way into my son's room...and while the missus spent a few minutes squeelin in the middle of our bed, I grabbed the snake and threw it outside. Apparently, the missus saw that as a manly act of protectin her...and the "adult" stuff that ensued, after said snake eviction, was mighty fine indeed! hehe