General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prescription goggles

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:47 AM
tobyhd1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prescription goggles

Such as the the ones from Sport RX.Does anybody where them and how is the lens quality?I don`t think my eyes are making enough tears anymore so my contacs don`t work like they used to.Then I can put my glasses back on when I get where I`m going.Thanks,Toby

Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 AM
capt775
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: prescription goggles

Toby, I did have a pair from them a couple years ago. They were the style that came with the elastic strap or you could clip regular ear pieces on them. They had kinda a bronze tint cause at that time I don't think they offered a dark smoke or simular.

I was pleased with them, but the foam that seals on your cheeks came off. A little super glue fixed that. I thought their prices were good too. The presciption was great too. They did seal so go though that I would sweat a little under them.

I just use a pair of slip overs right now that look pretty decent, and behind the windshield of my Ultra I don't really need the tight seal.

All and all, I think you would be pleased with them.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM
tobyhd1
Tourer

Thanks for the info.I have no shield on my Heritage at the moment so I definately need a seal. I`m gonna try to re-work my shield mts. because I made my trees 3" wider than stock and the mounts just won`t fit without a lot of mods.I`m thinking Sportec for a new shield but don`t know if it`s good to have all that push on the bars only.Thanks for the reply.Toby

Old 05-31-2008, 12:41 PM
stubby
Road Captain

I just purchased a pair of sports glasses from Sears. I wear bi-focals. Wanted transition no line. Pretty well satisfied. They easily block wind, with just a rubber nose guard. Don't seem to fog.Don't need to remove them going into a building. The lense is nice. I enjoy watching TV with them. Good price until fathers day.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

I wear perscription Bobster (convertible) goggles. I got them from http://www.opticsplanet.net.
Just sent in my perscription from my Optometrist and received the goggles in 2-3 weeks.
The Bobsters are great. I got them with perscription photochromic light adjusting lenses - get dark really fast and are very clear.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master

i have a pair of wiley x airrage, with single rx transition lens they come with removable gasket and strap so you can use them for both riding and as regular glasses run $70.00 for frame $210.00 for lenses if you just want tinted lens about $100.00 less. they have a website if you know your rx info.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:12 AM
hdfxcw
Cruiser

I also have WileyX XL1 with transition, progressive and prism lens - they have a removable seal. Because of my prescription cost was about $400.00 and they work great.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:48 AM
06flstf
Tourer

+1 on the Bobster RX glasses.&nbsp\\; Mine are sunglasses w/strap so I can wear them either way although strap is needed at highway speeds to keep a decent seal and stop eyes from watering.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a pair of these that were issued to me in Iraq.&nbsp\\; They have a Rx insert, so if you scratch the outside lense, all you have to do is change the lense and the Rx is still ok.
I use them riding now and they are great!!&nbsp\\; they are really comfortable, wind doesn't lift them, and they even fit well under a helmet.&nbsp\\; I needed some new lenses since I had scratched the ones I have.&nbsp\\; ordered 10 of them for $4-$5 each.&nbsp\\; pretty good deal.&nbsp\\; the glasses are inexpensive thru this company and I would highly recommend these UVEX glasses.&nbsp\\; BTW, the Rx insert is only about $10 and you take it to the eye doc and have Rx made for it.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/brandnames-uvex-xc.html

Old 06-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Barnaclebill
Intermediate

Stubby, sent you and email.

Quick Reply: prescription goggles