General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prescription goggles

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:24 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: prescription goggles

I've been wearing hard contacts for 42 years.&nbsp\\; Now called gas permeable.&nbsp\\; You should try the high quality eye drops&nbsp\\;such as Systane&nbsp\\; Sold at all pharmacy over the counter.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;I put one drop in each eye after taking off my contact lenses.&nbsp\\; Works great and I used to have severe dry eyes.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 09:36 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, Bobster's with prescription cost $189.95. The low cost is one of the reasons I went with them. The 7EYE (Panoptx) are better quality frames but the frames alone were $180.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:41 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

BTW, Bobster's with prescription cost $189.95. The low cost is one of the reasons I went with them. The 7EYE (Panoptx) are better quality frames but the frames alone were $180.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
TedCaaw
Intermediate

&nbsp\\;I have a pair of rec-specs from wally world. They have foam around the eyes to seal out the wind.
The lens quality is great and the price was reasonable.
&nbsp\\;Ted

Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 PM
tobyhd1
Tourer

Thank you for all the responses.I`ve got to do some research now.Toby

Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Slope
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the ESS Advancer (http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/military-goggles.html) with the prescription insert. They work great and have the added benefit that the outer lense "pops" out on one side for added ventilation. They call it the Adjustable Ventilation System (AVSâ„¢) technology. Pretty cool!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:22 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,743 Likes on 1,137 Posts

I've worn glasses since I was 6 and have ridden since I was 18, so I've never been able to wear goggles when riding.&nbsp\\;I've always had&nbsp\\;separate clear pair and sunglasses. When polorized lens get wet inside and out, you can't see at all even in daylight, at least I can't. Last pairs I had to get bi-focals and I hate them for riding. I ordered a pair of convertable goggles from Sport-Rx last fall for night and rain riding, with only the amber lens and the zeiss carat coating. After 35 years and about&nbsp\\;half a million miles, I can now actually see at night for the first time in my life! I've only been maybe 500 - 600 miles in the rain and about that much of night riding&nbsp\\;since, but haven't even had to clean the lens. That coating was very expensive but worth every penny in my book for night/rain goggles. Also, even though I have a windshield now, the reduction of wind around my eyes has been a blessing as well - much less eye strain. Hope to order the script lens for sunglass use in the near future. I truly wish I'd bought some many years ago - never knew how much more enjoyable riding could be when you can actually see well. Anyone who rides and need prescriptions should definitely invest in appropriate eyewear.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:05 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

&nbsp\\;I just ordered a set of Wiley X SG1's, if you have a bad scrip like mine it's one of the few that make a nice looking set of suglasses/googles.
&nbsp\\;I can hardly wait to get them!!!!!&nbsp\\;

Old 06-30-2008, 01:51 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jag
&nbsp\\;
I have the Wiley SG1s. I,m the same as you as i,m blind as a bad without scrips. I found the SG1 are a much better fit using as goggles vs using the ear pieces. Mine have day/night lenes. Work great except when it rains then they seem to fog when the foam gets wet. They do work great though.
&nbsp\\;
Frank

Old 06-30-2008, 02:16 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Have all you guys who purchased prescription eyewear online been satisfied with the fit and comfort? I been wearing glasses all my life and am pretty particular about how they fit my face and how they feel. Had the ear sores, red nose marks, etc...simply will not wear something that isn't comfortable anymore. With my prescription I'm limited in what I can get anyway, and to spend at least $400 for something I'm not able to try on first seems risky.

Quick Reply: prescription goggles