General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all you fat, pony-tailed Rolling Thunder members...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:50 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For all you fat, pony-tailed Rolling Thunder members...

Garrison Keillor has a message for you.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-oped0528keillormay28,0,2312511.column

"...but the bikers riding in formation are more interested in being seen than in learning anything. They are grown men playing soldier, making a great hullabaloo without exposing themselves to danger, other than getting drunk and falling off a bike."

I don't ride for Rolling Thunder but this pizzed me off.
I had to send him an email. Hope you will take a moment to do the same if you feel the same.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Sgt Mac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For all you fat, pony-tailed Rolling Thunder members...

I felt the need to email Garrison Keillor concerning his article, below is what I wrote.

I rode in the Rolling Thunder rally.
I rode it on a Harley.
I am not fat.
I do not have a pony tail.
I have, for the past 13 years, served my country inits Armed Forces.
I have been to Baghdad.
Ican only assume thatat some point in your life, you have been stereotyped and demeaned by someone who wasirritated byyou, as you have done to me.You speak of misplaced and lost patriotism. What have you done? Aside from putting yourthoughts to paper and failing to take any action other than complaining about an event, plannedin advance, annually,for 21 years.What have you done? I do not expect, nor do I really want you to respond.I understand that arguing a point with someone as selfish as you would be a waste of my time. Hopefully my writing skills and grammarwill not be up to your expectations, that should give you enough cause to consider me a fool and disregard my opinion as rubbish. I would expect no less, after all, I am but a grown man playing soldier.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: For all you fat, pony-tailed Rolling Thunder members...

Just a small man spewing hate for a group that he will never be a part of, even if they would have him.