General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which US dealers will sell to Canadians?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:33 AM
GeoHunt.ca
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which US dealers will sell to Canadians?

Heard a rumor that there are certain HD dealers as far south as Texas that will actually sell to Canadians... Anyone know if its true, or can suggest a dealer?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Which US dealers will sell to Canadians?

Geohunt,

I purchased mine at Big Sky HD in Great Falls, MT. Great people to deal with. It's only a 10 hour run down from Edmonton. Here's the link to help you get your bike back across...

http://riv.ca/

Be aware though that the dealers up here have a broom stuffed up their a** about this. I took my bike to the south side dealer (name matches an HD Model) to have some work done under warranty. The bike has sat there for 9 days and now I'm being told that "...you didn't purchase here and we give precedence to our customers...".

If they had a bike in my price range at the time I was looking to purchase, I would have probably bought locally. However, they have lost any chance of my business in the future. My wife needs a complete set of gear, and I like the chrome. I was even considering a Dyna Low through them next year. Not anymore!!!!! They cannot seem to understand that customer service is the key to repeat customers. Most of us don't have the dinero to purchase new right off the bat or we prefer bikes with a few miles on them and the depreciation hit already taken by someone else.

They have been jerking my chain to the point I called Milwaukee and filed a formal complaint. The MoCo is now looking to see what they can do to get me back up and riding. They even suggested that they will locate an indy who is willing to charge back to MoCo and arrange for me to take it there for repairs.

Don't let it stop you from purchasing from a dealer down south. The exchange and the prices make it worth it. Just be aware that you will most likely get better service from an indy than the local dealers.