General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got bike inspected and the DIPSH*T puts sticker on the fork

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Got bike inspected and the DIPSH*T puts sticker on the fork

In my state I was informed that the inspection sticker has to be visible. Those stickers are ugly. I don't leave dead bugs on my front forks overnight. I would not have an ugly sticker marring the front of my bike. This is also a state where I have to get my bike inspected annually. I have to pay for it to be inspected but I can refuse to let someone ride it during the inspection process. If someone tried to stick something on my bike where I didn't want it we would have a discussion. My bike. I put what I want where I want it. I have a chrome plate bolted to the frame near the belt guard on both bikes. Thats where the inspection sticker goes --- no where else. Stick something on my bike in a place that I don't want it is like sitting on my bike without permission. The next discussion would be over how much I hurt you and what that will cost me.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:25 AM
UncleDon
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OldAir.we don;t have inpspections here in Calfi(unbelievable), I would probably do what you do, Get off my bike and this is where the sticker goes.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ain't beurocrasy wonderful?

A couple of days ago one of my sons went to get a state ID card. He took a copy of his birth certificate and his soc. sec. card.

They wouldn't do it because his soc. sec. card is laminated. What, in Gods name difference does that make?

Old 05-31-2008, 05:23 PM
towboattrash34
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon1

ORIGINAL: jimrs

My dealer handed me the sticker and said put it with your reg, and ins card in the tour pack. If you get stopped just show it too the cop.
No stick-on's on my forks.

+1 - carry mine in my wallet with insurance card.....
Me 2 i just carry mine....you get what you deserve if you let someone put it on your bike....lol

Old 05-31-2008, 05:41 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pennsylvania used to have the same stupid rule, plate must be permanent. Glad that's gone. Use a hair dryer and remove it and put it on your plate, that's all I ever did and it worked for 5 years.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:42 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Man, Ohio is lookin' better all the time...no inspection rip offs, no helmets, and you can legally "carry" to protect yourself...I guess there's no place like home...[8D]

Old 05-31-2008, 06:05 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

Man, Ohio is lookin' better all the time...no inspection rip offs, no helmets, and you can legally "carry" to protect yourself...I guess there's no place like home...[8D]
LOL, ya forgot about snow. And high taxes. And snow. And high taxes. Did I mention snow and high taxes?

(Left OH in 1971; went back to use Dad's place as a home base while I took a year off to ride in May 1981; left permanently in Jan 1982. Don't miss it even the tiniest bit. [:'(])

Old 05-31-2008, 07:17 PM
CRASH
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

Pennsylvania used to have the same stupid rule, plate must be permanent. Glad that's gone. Use a hair dryer and remove it and put it on your plate, that's all I ever did and it worked for 5 years.

I don't know about that. Unless it changed in the last year, PA still DOES have that requirement...

(2)On a motorcycle or a motor-driven cycle, the certificate of inspection shall be affixed in a clearly visible, upright position to one of the following areas of the vehicle:

(i)On the left side—traffic side—of the front fork.
(ii)On the left side—traffic side—of the front fender.
(iii)On a plate attached by weld or rivets to the left side—traffic side—of the vehicle for purposes of mounting the certificate of inspection.

But I've never had a shop refuse to place it on my bolted on plate, and I've never heard of anyone getting grief for the plate not being welded or riveted...

Old 05-31-2008, 07:24 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I
ORIGINAL: overhead

I had a conversation with the base police about the removable part idea and base stickers. All parts are removable by removing a bolt or two, it does not make a lot of sense to me, aren't the forks a removable part? No, I did not win the argument, lol.

Inasmuch as one has to stop at the front gate and show an ID to get on any base I have been to in the past few years, I don’t bother with base stickers anymore.

Of course I’m retired and, even though I go onto the local Navy Base quite often, I’m not assigned there so that could be the reason no one gives me a hard time for not having a sticker.