General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all you fat, pony-tailed Rolling Thunder Members....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: For all you fat, pony-tailed Rolling Thunder Members....

Sent e-mail.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:29 PM
tallboy56
Road Master

Typical liberal "intellectual" rhetoric...

Old 05-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Badfinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It never would have been written if just one of you fat, ponytailed, bikers would have just taken the time andgotoff you bike and helped the Tard across the street!

By the way Keillor, it was Memorial Day! It's interesting that you spendit in an Art Museum, that in it's self speaks volumes.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:01 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Badfinger, it's interesting that you make the comment about the art museum, as my lady and I did the same last Sunday...We went to Terry Redlin's museum in Watertown, SD. and spent several hours walking slowly through the three story museum of his original paintings, finding ourselves finally on the top floor, where 7 theme paintings, entitled "an American Portrait," were hanging. You can see all seven pictures at this link of Redlin's pictures, all starting with the word, His: Look at them in this order, and under each one read the story of a young man growing up in Small Town, America: "His First Friend," "His First Day," "His First Date," "His First Graduation," "His First Homecoming," "His First Good-Bye," and finally, "His Last Good-Bye."

http://www.redlinart.com/store/brows...s&eqpg=2#H

After enjoying and chuckling about the first six pictures as they remembered their own youth, people suddenly became quiet and reflective in front of the 7th. For my lady and me, we couldn't have picked a better thing to do on Memorial weekend. After seeing these pictures, and reading the final story, you will all understand why.

For those who don't want to take the time to look at all seven, here is the link to the last picture, and the true story behind it.

http://www.redlinart.com/store/194.html?id=PWqPXFFF

Old 05-29-2008, 09:09 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think he has a sliver in his c....u..nt

Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Comment posted on Chicago Tribune post a commit page.

Arcane

Old 05-29-2008, 09:30 PM
fonemann
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Urinal picture

[IMG]local://upfiles/27112/3FEF75D2BF4D4483893B2542BF3FBC1D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-29-2008, 09:41 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

My response:

I just got done reading your article from May 28th and really, I cant find the to words to describe how....close minded that article was. Ill keep this short and sweet, don't want to keep you from doing your "patriotic duty" assessing and having an orgasm of the mind via fine art or reading literature that only "civilized" people could possibly connect with.

It is a shame sir that on the weekend in which our Nation takes a break in the year to celebrate and honor those that have answered the call to arms that you would take motorcyclists (bikers, outlaws... however your upper echelon mind and people like you would like to label us) and generalize them as "an irritation" and "celebrating internal combustion". Did it possibly, at all, ever occur to you that many, if not a MAJORITY of these "irritants" ARE veterans, the very people that the nation is trying to honor?! Are these men and women not as worthy of the praise and thanks that veterans who don't ride motorcycles get? These "fat men with ponytails" most likely were strapping young lads back in their heyday, full of **** and vinegar wearing the uniform of this great nation ready to eat the enemy's guts and ask for seconds! These "fat men with ponytails" are likely from the very same veteran generation that got spit on, looked down upon, treated as monsters, deemed "baby killers"....for fighting in a war that THIS nation's elected leaders asked them to fight. Men that gave some of the BEST years of their lives to the call of arms that our country tolled. Some died on the battlefield, some died in spirit. Some ACTUALLY made it home from that war whole, and decided to make motorcycles (Harley-Davidson motorcycles to be specific) a part of their lives.

Now you stand there, in Washington, on MEMORIAL DAY, and have the NERVE to be agitated that your precious trip to the art gallery is being put on hold for a half hour? You were irritated for what sir? Because the "irritating" "fat men with ponytails" rode by and "celebrated internal combustion"?

Or could it possibly be that these men and women, these VETERANS descend on our nation's capitol on their bikes to honor their fallen brothers and sisters in arms? Could it be that these vets, in making noise with their bikes, are honoring those that are serving, have served, or those that never made it home from the field of battle through a lifestyle they have embraced? A lifestyle that gives THEM freedom?

I hope that in the future you and people like you try and strike up a conversation with the fat guy fashioning a ponytail, riding in on a Harley-Davidson flying Old Glory and the POW/MIA flag. Perhaps your could put aside the prejudice for a few minutes and find out why that man is flying Old Glory and the POW/MIA flag on the back of their Harley-Davidson. You might just hear a tale or two very similar to those found in a Stephen Ambrose book. Of course, a person such as yourself may be offended having to have the fat ponytail guy tell it to you, rather than reading it in a book.

-Edward Beattie
[/align]

Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

I don't agree with his article. This is America and I will defend his right to write it.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 PM
JKK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought he was some sort offv(< head before this article. Worthless bastard Imnotgoing to even bothersending an email to him.

Quick Reply: For all you fat, pony-tailed Rolling Thunder Members....