General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID/HALOGEN headlight

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID/HALOGEN headlight

i have read many comments on the HID headlight setup. i am going to get one for sure.
has anyone got the HID low/ halogen high beem set up? do you really use the high beam anymore because of the lack of light the halogen gives out? just looking for input on this. i found a great deal on a good light. sshhh dont tell anybody they go for $99 i found a dealer that will sell me for $75. i was going to get a bi-xenon the hid high and low. for $100. if the hid low puts out enough light for both the high and low. that would make the halogen high never used

Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default RE: HID/HALOGEN headlight

ORIGINAL: bulldogmoe7

i have read many comments on the HID headlight setup. i am going to get one for sure.
has anyone got the HID low/ halogen high beem set up? do you really use the high beam anymore because of the lack of light the halogen gives out? just looking for input on this. i found a great deal on a good light. sshhh dont tell anybody they go for $99 i found a dealer that will sell me for $75. i was going to get a bi-xenon the hid high and low. for $100. if the hid low puts out enough light for both the high and low. that would make the halogen high never used
Good luck to you on your bargain.
[ol][*]You might wish to check if the back of the bulb will clear the neck on your RK. A bulb may be too long as a special short one is required for your model.[*]Ask your dealer if he will guarantee it to fit and he has any experience installing it in your type of bike, just to make sure.[*]The next thing is will he support you in the install if there is something that will not work or fit? [*]After that, what if problems happen, do you have his attended phone number after the sale say a few weeks down the road?[*]Why would you wish to save a sum of $25 to not get a full Hi/Lo HID kit?[*]The last question you may ask yourself is how can this company sell a full Hi/Lo kit for only $100 when a quality unit cost more than that if you buy 1,000 of them at a time, then pay for shipping which costs around $250/50 units or around $5 each from Twain, China? I hope you are the lucky one who found a great deal… sshhh don't tell anybody![/ol]

Old 05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
leechampion
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID/HALOGEN headlight

help! got the bulb but how do you install the damn thing?