General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want a Harley Leather but. . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Mr_taterhead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want a Harley Leather but. . .

I buy all of my accessories either online or at the local suzi/kawi/yami shop.

regular old leather gloves with a harley logo: $55
Leather tourmaster gloves at other store: $35

Bottom line is what everyone else said...wear what you like; if there is a certain hd jacket you like, buy it and sport it. I am with the guy who said to buy a regular leather jacket and put patches on it.

FWIW I have a denim jacket with a big Volusia Owners League (Suzi) patch on it from when I bought my first bike...I still wear it when I am on my superglide.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pitts2112

Christ, what is it with motorcycle people and their fragile egos? I've never come across a group more concerned about what others think about them or whether things are "allowed" or not. Are all hobbies like this? I know in flying no one gives a stuff what anyone else flies, wears, says, talks to, doesn't talk to, etc. I know there are exception on this site, and some people really do their own thing, but lately it seems like more posts than not are about someone begging the rest of the forum for acceptance. It's starting to feel like Dr. Phil and Oprah. [:'(]

What brand sunglasses do you wear?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mystic Dreamer

I need help, I really want a Harley leather jacket but I don't ride a Harley. Don't shoot me just yet, my husband does own a harley but I am currantly riding a Kawaski Vulcan until my skills improve. If I get the jacket I can garentee that I will want to wear it when I ride my bike and not just when I am on the back of his. ( which will be much less now that I have my own)

So my question is, is it a major NO NO to wear Harley gear on a non-Harley bike????

Thanks
Mystic Dreamer

I see nothing wrong with it.........and I also have one for sale!

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3442674/tm.htm

Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Pitts2112
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: grimreaper169

ORIGINAL: Pitts2112

Christ, what is it with motorcycle people and their fragile egos? I've never come across a group more concerned about what others think about them or whether things are "allowed" or not. Are all hobbies like this? I know in flying no one gives a stuff what anyone else flies, wears, says, talks to, doesn't talk to, etc. I know there are exception on this site, and some people really do their own thing, but lately it seems like more posts than not are about someone begging the rest of the forum for acceptance. It's starting to feel like Dr. Phil and Oprah. [:'(]
You go to a forum about flying and you will get the same kind of questions you get on here. If people didn't make posts like the one that started this thread you would have 3 threads in the chat secion. Also watch who you are calling motorcycle people I resembable that remark. At least this PROP JOCKY didn't call us BICKERS.

No sweat, Reaper. I used "motorcycle people" because I didn't want to open up the whole RUB/poser/real biker/whatever debate. After all, I'm one, some, or all of those things myself or I wouldn't spend any time here.

You're also right about getting similar threads on the flying forums, for instance, but they're more like discussions on suitability and quality of kit like headsets, sunglasses, GPSs and stuff. They're not about "if I use this GPS will everyone like me?" or "am I allowed to fly a Cessna but wear a Piper assless flightsuit?". I mean, I don't know who people think is in charge out there but there is no global "Ministry of Biking" that decrees what's allowed, cool, uncool or whatever. it just strikes me as odd that so many people in a hobby that's about individuality can't seem to cope with that concept in reality and just need so much validation by everyone else.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, as it's sounding like a personal pet peeve (which I guess it is). Maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood. []

Do ya'll sill love me?