General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting air cleaner cover pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 09:21 PM
urdollar
|
Advanced
Default interesting air cleaner cover pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/47287/428E5A7128DA4DA1923CF8A1C48D33A0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2008 | 09:25 PM
urdollar
|
Advanced
Default air cleaner cover

I install shortshots this morning and a ness big sucker as well as pcIII, and figured I would put something on there besides the football.
What do you all think about it.
I hope not to get pulled over for this. lol

It is Kid Rock's first big album Devil Without a Cause

crappy cell phone pic. Was raining and didn't have camera with me. Sounds great but I haven't ridden it yet. Can't wait to though

Urdollar

Old 05-27-2008 | 09:32 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: air cleaner cover

The test seems to of gone OK.
Pic looks good.
Nice choice for a AC cover.
"I am the bullgod...."[8D]

Old 05-27-2008 | 09:34 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior

You don't hafta wave anymore.

Old 05-28-2008 | 04:15 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
From: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative")to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us,a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and ameans of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world toperceive our property, our sport, and our very character.So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and manyof them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us herebeen so hurt,misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to castin admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyondthe belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear tolive in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley).We are all so far from thedismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcastsuch misanthropic sentimentto anyone who would simplycastan approvingeye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return.Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "Idetest you all", "You're pond-scum","F-O and Die!!"??? The averageperson/viewer deserves better.Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"?From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive stickerand theBMWsporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does avisceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time,to some deserving cager.Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized asthe world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what youwant to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.

Old 05-28-2008 | 04:35 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

ORIGINAL: pkellymc

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative")to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us,a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and ameans of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world toperceive our property, our sport, and our very character.So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and manyof them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us herebeen so hurt,misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to castin admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyondthe belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear tolive in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley).We are all so far from thedismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcastsuch misanthropic sentimentto anyone who would simplycastan approvingeye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return.Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "Idetest you all", "You're pond-scum","F-O and Die!!"??? The averageperson/viewer deserves better.Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"?From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive stickerand theBMWsporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does avisceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time,to some deserving cager.Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized asthe world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what youwant to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.
dude dou make a living talking???? you ought to cause there is sure a lot of stuff come out of it...lol

my self i would like to put these on my bike..

[IMG]local://upfiles/43892/52794548855940EEAA36B976969E6512.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-28-2008 | 04:55 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=type.gif] Who are you Dr. Phil? Debbie Downer? You need to lighten up!

Old 05-28-2008 | 06:09 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master

I agree with the sentiment..but wouldn't put it on my bikes...just not my style. Nothing wrong with it though...better than unicorns.

Old 05-28-2008 | 06:13 AM
grymattr
Intermediate

OK, you asked.

As a BMW owner I find it offensive that you would think I would put a bumper sticker on my car. The notion that a BMW would sport a BUSH or Hillary sticker is even more offensive.

As for the air cleaner cover - I believe this country was founded on a little bit of 'I don't give a damn' and this overtly PC world we are living in and continuing to promote (much to my dismay) needs a dose of 'F U' on occasion. To each his own I say.

Peace,

Old 05-28-2008 | 07:11 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

OK, you asked.
I have to say that whilst overly stated I have to agree with the sentiment of what's behind pkelly's post. However I do see the funny side and have to say I am a great believer in 'live and let live'. However having asked for opinions don't be surprised when you get one you don't like and hats off to pkelly for putting himself out there and staying true to his thoughts.

That's what I love about this site - so many polarised views.

Quick Reply: interesting air cleaner cover pic