General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting air cleaner cover pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008 | 06:18 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: air cleaner cover

ORIGINAL: The Shute

Hey seriously what technilogical method did you use to get that embossed on the chrome?[8D]
It's a CD.......................................

Old 05-29-2008 | 07:20 PM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior

KIDD ROCK !!
Check it out.....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
They call me cowboy
I'm the singer in black
So throw a finger in the air and let me see where you're at
Say hey hey
Let me hear where your at
And say hey hey
I'm givin it back
So say hey hey
Show me some metal
And say
Hey hey hey hey
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cut!!!!!

I like AC/DC and ZZ Top
Moiphus, Beasties and the kings of rock
Skynard, Segar, Limp, Korn, the Stones
David Allen Coe and no show Jones
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pass that bottle around
Got the rock from Detroit
Soul from Motown

The underground stoned fu%$#& Pimp
We trash the mack and slap back the wack
Never gave away
I dont play with ***
But watch me rock with Liberachies flashed
Punk rock's a clash
Boy bands are trash
I like Johnny Cash and Grand Master Flash
Flash flash flash flash flash

Old 05-29-2008 | 07:51 PM
Fahpah
Tourer

To each his own, I personally didnt care for it and wouldnt put it on my bike but if it floats your boat...go for it.

Old 05-29-2008 | 08:07 PM
x2lee
Banned

What line of work do you think I am in? And how do you know that wasnt a friendly **** off?
ORIGINAL: ROLLNTIGER

ORIGINAL: x2lee

It was his opinion which was asked for, so why dont YOU **** off?? That being said from the bottom of my black heart, I am around children on a regular basis and no way in the world would I put that on my bike... like dr phil said, I reserve the "**** off" for my friends and enemies or well desreving cagers, not the general public. I too, find it in poor taste.
ORIGINAL: ROLLNTIGER

[sm=type.gif] Who are you Dr. Phil? Debbie Downer? You need to lighten up!
How ironic I give my opinion and you tell me to "**** off." HAHA! back at ya. Maybe with your shitty attitude and "black heart" your in the wrong line of work?

Old 05-29-2008 | 08:23 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

[IMG]local://upfiles/33514/120A20AA6FE147EB9CBA002AD8F26899.jpg[/IMG]

Live & Let Live.

Old 05-29-2008 | 11:09 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

ORIGINAL: grymattr

ORIGINAL: pkellymc

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative") to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us, a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and a means of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world to perceive our property, our sport, and our very character. So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and many of them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us here been so hurt, misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to cast in admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyond the belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear to live in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley). We are all so far from the dismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcast such misanthropic sentiment to anyone who would simply cast an approving eye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return. Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "I detest you all", "You're pond-scum", "F-O and Die!!"??? The average person/viewer deserves better. Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"? From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive sticker and the BMW sporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does a visceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time, to some deserving cager. Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized as the world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what you want to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.

As a BMW owner I find it offensive that you would think I would put a bumper sticker on my car. The notion that a BMW would sport a BUSH or Hillary sticker is even more offensive.

As for the air cleaner cover - I believe this country was founded on a little bit of 'I don't give a damn' and this overtly PC world we are living in and continuing to promote (much to my dismay) needs a dose of 'F U' on occasion. To each his own I say.

Peace,

+1 I would never put a bumper sticker on my BMW and I find the suggestion of that offensive also...LOL. Lighten up DUDE!

Old 05-30-2008 | 03:12 PM
gvhd
Advanced

Hey, **** YOU!!!

Old 05-30-2008 | 03:23 PM
cwilks
Banned

ORIGINAL: HarleypsychRN

I agree with the sentiment..but wouldn't put it on my bikes...just not my style. Nothing wrong with it though...better than unicorns.

and skulls

Old 05-30-2008 | 09:56 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior

it's not a fixed image. it's a dudes hand reflextion taken with camera. fooled ya'll didnt he?

Old 05-30-2008 | 10:28 PM
shammyone
Advanced

ORIGINAL: l.ray

it's not a fixed image. it's a dudes hand reflextion taken with camera. fooled ya'll didnt he?
uhhh....no its not.

Quick Reply: interesting air cleaner cover pic