General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting air cleaner cover pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008 | 11:41 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: air cleaner cover

Too each thier own and if thier comes a time I hope you can back it up if need be....Its your bike and your life go for it,after all whats wrong with telling someone they are #1........I have B I T C H []on one of my bikes and DILLIGAF [:@]on another and TRUST ME on another.....so what..it only took me 23 yrs to do...people only get it when I have all 3 bikes together or they ask....

TRUSTMEBITCHDILLIGAF......

Old 05-28-2008 | 11:42 PM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

I am proud to say that I fought for everyone to have the right to there opinion. To have the right of freedom of speach. That A/C cover is just that, freedom of speech. If you want yours, he gets his. With that being said, this is the side of my bike and me speeking. Now prospect, get me a beer!Just funnin' ya.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8616/57F50ADA6F554D14BD888CF2E57A3293.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-29-2008 | 11:33 AM
connsmith
Banned

WTF? Come on dude light the hell up... obviously your mommy won't let you play here....

Old 05-29-2008 | 11:55 AM
soon to be
Road Captain

Sensitive bikers - now that's a first!

someone needs to tell the world!

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:27 PM
flstfjeff
Tourer

Riding a Harley without flames,skulls,tribal,or attitude??Might as well buy a Gold Wing,trailer,the two way helmet radio,and listen to your wife bitch how you ride.Maybe you should find a "motorcycle enthusiast"site topreach on as well.

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:32 PM
rebeltruce
Tourer

ORIGINAL: pkellymc

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative")to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us,a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and ameans of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world toperceive our property, our sport, and our very character.So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and manyof them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us herebeen so hurt,misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to castin admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyondthe belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear tolive in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley).We are all so far from thedismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcastsuch misanthropic sentimentto anyone who would simplycastan approvingeye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return.Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "Idetest you all", "You're pond-scum","F-O and Die!!"??? The averageperson/viewer deserves better.Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"?From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive stickerand theBMWsporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does avisceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time,to some deserving cager.Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized asthe world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what youwant to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.

This is what happened when yuppies started riding HD's.....ILMFAO!

Used to be that just by riding an HD you were telling the world to F*ck Off! man I miss the good old days.......

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:35 PM
cray49a
Road Master
Default RE: interesting air cleaner cover pic

Agreed. Here is a weird pick of my old tank cover.

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:38 PM
JKK
Road Captain

I have just three words to say about all that:

DIE YUPPIE SCUMBAGS

(scumbags is still just one word right?)

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:42 PM
The Shute
Club Member

Can't we all just get along? Hey seriously what technilogical method did you use to get that embossed on the chrome?[8D]

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:55 PM
2kanzam
Tourer

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative")to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us,a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and ameans of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world toperceive our property, our sport, and our very character.So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and manyof them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us herebeen so hurt,misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to castin admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyondthe belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear tolive in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley).We are all so far from thedismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcastsuch misanthropic sentimentto anyone who would simplycastan approvingeye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return.Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "Idetest you all", "You're pond-scum","F-O and Die!!"??? The averageperson/viewer deserves better.Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"?From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive stickerand theBMWsporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does avisceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time,to some deserving cager.Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized asthe world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what youwant to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!![sm=roll.gif]

I like The cover!

Quick Reply: interesting air cleaner cover pic