General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting air cleaner cover pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008 | 07:49 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: air cleaner cover

I'm ok with pkellymc'sramblin' disertation...and his sentiment. I'm 52 and learneda long time ago to look the other way at those types of things...but I don't like trying to explain to my kids the difference between those who would display itand why I think its in poor taste for them to repeat it to their mother.

I just wish we lived ina world where we could all be a little bit more sensitive to others.

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:00 PM
bad_azz
Cruiser

I think your idea is highly offensive and doesn't belong on the roads. It is people like you that poison the souls of hard working Americans. Btw here's my derby cover. I say go for it.

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:47 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

What's Krylon?
Not sure if that was tounge-in-cheek or not.
Are you serious, Ken?

Old 05-28-2008 | 10:22 PM
urdollar
|
Advanced

Thanks for all the opinions. My father in law called it redneck, which I guess it might be. I just wanted to be different. I figured some people wouldnt like it, but such is life. If everyone liked it I would not have put it on the bike.

Ride Safe

Urdollar

Old 05-28-2008 | 10:27 PM
buldog21
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: urdollar

Thanks for all the opinions. My father in law called it redneck, which I guess it might be. I just wanted to be different. I figured some people wouldnt like it, but such is life. If everyone liked it I would not have put it on the bike.

Ride Safe

Urdollar

I appreciate your asking and taking all of the heat and encouragement,

Andy

Old 05-28-2008 | 10:53 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member

Air cleaner cover is about the only thing that CD is good for! Kid Rock is a low-talent samplin' mo fo.

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 05-28-2008 | 11:03 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Jeez, I'm too old to read that many words.

Old 05-28-2008 | 11:16 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: x2lee

It was his opinion which was asked for, so why dont YOU **** off?? That being said from the bottom of my black heart, I am around children on a regular basis and no way in the world would I put that on my bike... like dr phil said, I reserve the "**** off" for my friends and enemies or well desreving cagers, not the general public. I too, find it in poor taste.
ORIGINAL: ROLLNTIGER

[sm=type.gif] Who are you Dr. Phil? Debbie Downer? You need to lighten up!
How ironic I give my opinion and you tell me to "**** off." HAHA! back at ya. Maybe with your shitty attitude and "black heart" your in the wrong line of work?

Old 05-28-2008 | 11:39 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Default RE: interesting air cleaner cover pic

I like it! Screw sensitivity and all this pc crap. This country is about freedom period. If you like it-right on, it's your bike. Who cares what others think about it. As I've said many times before, if there are those who are offended, maybe they need to be offended.

[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 05-28-2008 | 11:39 PM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

I am proud to say that I fought for everyone to have the right to there opinion. To have the right of freedom of speach. That A/C cover is just that, freedom of speech. If you want yours, he gets his. With that being said, this is the side of my bike and me speeking.
ORIGINAL: pkellymc

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative")to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us,a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and ameans of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world toperceive our property, our sport, and our very character.So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and manyof them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us herebeen so hurt,misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to castin admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyondthe belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear tolive in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley).We are all so far from thedismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcastsuch misanthropic sentimentto anyone who would simplycastan approvingeye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return.Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "Idetest you all", "You're pond-scum","F-O and Die!!"??? The averageperson/viewer deserves better.Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"?From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive stickerand theBMWsporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does avisceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time,to some deserving cager.Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized asthe world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what youwant to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.
[IMG]local://upfiles/8616/179411D4452640A6A088EDE07C5EBD14.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: interesting air cleaner cover pic