General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting air cleaner cover pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008 | 01:57 PM
Lucky66
Cruiser
Default RE: air cleaner cover

pkellymc i thinkyou might be in the wrong forums....moped forums are down the hall, third door on the left.

Old 05-28-2008 | 02:14 PM
celticgent
Road Master

a week or two ago i was leaving work after a crappy day.

i got behind this ratty looking pickup with 3 teenagers inside.

the back window had a sticker that simply said:

"f u c k you."

for some reason, the appearance of the truck, the fact that it was kids inside made me laugh really loudly for a good couple of seconds....it just struck me as funny and i remembered being THAT KID...with a shitty-*** car and bad attitude but still in love with the world.

it really made my day brighter to think about being young and foolish and silly.

ORIGINAL: pkellymc
snip.

so pkelly, i'm gonna do you a favor and help brightenYOUR day:

f u c k you.

Old 05-28-2008 | 02:22 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain

What the hell does that mean???

Old 05-28-2008 | 02:29 PM
higlet
Cruiser

This is awesome.
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-28-2008 | 02:54 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative")to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us,a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and ameans of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world toperceive our property, our sport, and our very character.So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and manyof them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us herebeen so hurt,misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to castin admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyondthe belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear tolive in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley).We are all so far from thedismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcastsuch misanthropic sentimentto anyone who would simplycastan approvingeye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return.Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "Idetest you all", "You're pond-scum","F-O and Die!!"??? The averageperson/viewer deserves better.Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"?From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive stickerand theBMWsporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does avisceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time,to some deserving cager.Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized asthe world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what youwant to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.
Although I agree with the underling statement in your dissertation, you really need to loosen the grip on that fart before you explode.

Old 05-28-2008 | 03:04 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member

FYI any more then 3 lines is boring. Nice cover dude.

OK, you asked.
I can't get my brain wrapped around any attempt (no matter how "creative")to be willfully, overtly, shamelessly offensive. The idea of using what should be to each of us,a source of immense pride, satisfaction, accomplishment, and ameans of expressing our individuality (our bikes), as a rolling billboard for a coarse vulgarity is to seek a new "low" in how one wants the world toperceive our property, our sport, and our very character.So many facets of our daily existence (our dress, speech, walk, manners, grooming, etc.) tell those within each of our worlds what we think of ourselves, and manyof them carry over into expressing what we think of others, as well.
With as much rudeness and outright hatred in this world, why would anyone want to hitch their wagon to any expression that only promotes more of the same? Have any of us herebeen so hurt,misused and abused by life that we can justifiably give everyone with two eyes to castin admiration upon our rolling treasure, the ol' "F-O"? I'd venture that most everyone reading this is blessed in this life beyondthe belief of most of the rest of the world. While our lives may not be Heaven, to the rest of the world, we must appear tolive in a neighboring ZIP Code. We have nice homes, families, good jobs (good enough to afford such an icon of prosperity as a Harley).We are all so far from thedismal and the morose, that we have no good reason to broadcastsuch misanthropic sentimentto anyone who would simplycastan approvingeye toward our bikes. I see it as akin to smiling and wishing someone "Good Morning!", only to receive a curt "Up yours!" in return.Why the hate?
So what's behind such sentiment, then? I'm no psych major, and any explanation I might offer would likely be saying more about me than it would anything else. Maybe that's the point; what are we wanting to say about ourselves when we grace our rides with paint, chrome, symbols or graphics? Do we really want to say, "Idetest you all", "You're pond-scum","F-O and Die!!"??? The averageperson/viewer deserves better.Shouldn't we rather be saying, "I like my life", "I'm proud of my Harley", or simply "I'm blessed"?From a strictly practical standpoint, vitriol begets vitriol. Haven't we all rolled along behind a car with a "Hillary '08" (or "W '04") bumper sticker, and secretly wanted to see the offensive stickerand theBMWsporting it caved in by a semi? If a political message can evoke our darker side, how much more so does avisceral insult by an impersonal, inanimate object? I can see where the undeserving recipient of such a message might be tempted to respond with sharp keys, eggs, rocks or Krylon.
We've always got our two arms and hands to send the message, real-time,to some deserving cager.Such an insult should be reserved for special curcumstances, not our every-day message to the world. I've spoken my peace. Like so many say, it's just my opinion. But, I am recognized asthe world's leading authority on my opinion. I know, your reply is best stated by your air cleaner cover. Look inside and see if that's really what youwant to tell the world about yourself. If so, then I feel sorry for you; I know you're better than that.

Old 05-28-2008 | 03:05 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

Well gee, Harley-Davidson just came out with a big campaign with the scarf, etc..with a big SCREW IT...logo!!

Isn't that their nice way of saying FU_K IT???

I guess there is a difference between FU and F IT? I dunno!!

I expect people that ride motorcycles to express themselves even more than people that don't. We, by nature, are more passionate, otherwise, why would we risk our lives every day getting out there with the cagers??[sm=biker.gif]

I just got a patch that I love:

FU_K Therapy
Got Motorcycle!

But don't go by me, I put freaking butterflies and roses all over my motorcycle!![]

Old 05-28-2008 | 03:09 PM
x2lee
Banned

It was his opinion which was asked for, so why dont YOU **** off?? That being said from the bottom of my black heart, I am around children on a regular basis and no way in the world would I put that on my bike... like dr phil said, I reserve the "**** off" for my friends and enemies or well desreving cagers, not the general public. I too, find it in poor taste.
ORIGINAL: ROLLNTIGER

[sm=type.gif] Who are you Dr. Phil? Debbie Downer? You need to lighten up!

Old 05-28-2008 | 03:14 PM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Word to the wise that Krylon better contain KRYPTON!!!!!!!!!
UR scoot ur expression ride on

BOSSMAN

Old 05-28-2008 | 03:16 PM
bradhinz
Tourer
Default RE: interesting air cleaner cover pic

I love it. How did you put the pic on there?

Quick Reply: interesting air cleaner cover pic