General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:23 PM
thrillseeker
|
Road Warrior
Default What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

I've noticed something interesting that I have trouble relating to, and I am wondering if it is normal or just normal for the dealer in my area.

There are a lot of guys that just go to the dealership and hang out. They are not buying bikes, they are not getting service, or buying parts,they are kicking back, shooting the **** with whomever will listen, drinking crappy coffee.

I don't really see the point in this... Am I the odd man out? Is hanging at the dealer really "all that"?

edit: hmmm... looks like polls are not working. Still interested in your reply though

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:29 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

On the rare occasions I go, I get in and get out. They are all nice folks in there, but I have no reason to just hang out.

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:30 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

I clock in and clock out 10 hrs later.

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:34 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

I know all the staff at my dealer, so it's not unusual for me to hang out and shoot the **** with them if I'm out that way.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:38 PM
thrillseeker
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Clammy

I know all the staff at my dealer, so it's not unusual for me to hang out and shoot the **** with them if I'm out that way.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]
yeah, I get that.... I always make a point of saying hello to the Service Manager when I am in. He is usually busy so can't chat for long, but I get that.
The guys that go down to my local dealer are not chatting with staff - they are sitting on the HD stools, at the HD little barista tables, drinking crappy coffee and eating stale cookies.

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:40 PM
UncleDon
Banned

why do so many of you always wonder what others are doing or wearing or riding or ................??

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:42 PM
higg47
Road Master

I noticed the same thing and sometimes I'm a participant.My friend Dave and I go to his dealer and get parts or look at shirts or whatever and then when I need something we reverse the procedure. As they(who is "they")say....I've been throw out of better places.

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:53 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member

Avoid! It's a last resort! To much $$$$$[sm=escape.gif]
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:08 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

I guess it depends on who I run into or if I've got some service getting done. Our dealer has some nice rockers and leather chairs that are pretty damn comfortable. I've cruised in there a time or two just to hide out for a while. We've got some great people at our dealership so, I don't mind shootin' the breeze there occasionally.

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:52 PM
madden23
Road Master

I'm in and out quick, usually I have the foresight to order parts online for 20% off, if I'm at the dealer I need something inconsequential, I do all my own upgrades and service,and if I get stuck on something I have a friend who lives and breathes Harley, usually the two of us can figure it out, and he "works"*cheap, comraderie and beer, and I bounce lot's of ideas off this forum to try and avoid mistakes in buying stuff online. I think some guys just need a destination to get out of the house and out on their bikes,if they pick the local dealer, all the power to 'em, it's not like they are going to be asked to "move on"
*works means he tells me what to do while he sits on a stool drinking beer

Quick Reply: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?