General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008 | 07:18 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

i go in once in a while and shoot the breeze. i have known some of the people alot of years. been going to the same dealer for over 20 years.but i also look and see if anything is new or just came out.

Old 05-28-2008 | 07:23 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

I've noticed it too but going there just to hang out is not my thing. It gives some people a destination to ride to, though, I guess, where they aren't obligated to buy anything like they would be at a bar or a restaurant, etc. They can take a break, talk bikes, see bikes, have their bike seen, etc. The dealers probably love it because at least a percentage of those people will impulse buy something even though that wasn't their intent. Again, not my thing, but I have noticed it.

Old 05-28-2008 | 07:40 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

I party...our dealer throws free outdoorconcerts every Saturday night durin the summer...beer bar, BBQ, friends...it's all good. Well ok...every now 'n then he books a big enuf name he has to ticket it at ten bucks a pop...but most of 'em are free.

Old 05-28-2008 | 07:46 AM
Danester
Road Master

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

I've noticed something interesting that I have trouble relating to, and I am wondering if it is normal or just normal for the dealer in my area.

There are a lot of guys that just go to the dealership and hang out. They are not buying bikes, they are not getting service, or buying parts,they are kicking back, shooting the **** with whomever will listen, drinking crappy coffee.

I don't really see the point in this... Am I the odd man out? Is hanging at the dealer really "all that"?

edit: hmmm... looks like polls are not working. Still interested in your reply though
Sounds like you need to go to Whitt's HD in Manassas VA- they have a rock'in coffee/expressso machine - - and it's free...definatley worth the stop when your in town...hell..you could almost call it Harley-Bucks....

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:15 AM
2kanzam
Tourer

When I need a part I'll hang around and chat for a minute. The staff at my dealer is actually really cool, plus they've helped me out, so the least I can do is be amiable. There is a little resturaunt in this one too....actually serves pretty good food!

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:35 AM
tpgun10
Cruiser

I like going to my dealer and looking at the girls who work there-they ride some nice bikes and have nice tata's.

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:39 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

I hang out at my dealer a lot. I have several friends working there and every Thursday about 10 of us meet at the dealership and ride from there, 4 or 5 are employees.

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:42 AM
Time2ride
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

I've noticed something interesting that I have trouble relating to, and I am wondering if it is normal or just normal for the dealer in my area.

There are a lot of guys that just go to the dealership and hang out. They are not buying bikes, they are not getting service, or buying parts,they are kicking back, shooting the **** with whomever will listen, drinking crappy coffee.

I don't really see the point in this... Am I the odd man out? Is hanging at the dealer really "all that"?

edit: hmmm... looks like polls are not working. Still interested in your reply though
Maybe you should spend less time at the dealer, then you wouldn't notice the other people spending their time doing what they want to do.

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:57 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

It's amazing to me how so many membershave seemingly so many negatives towards Harley dealerships in general, yet each and every one of them rides (and has paid for) that very same brand name? It's kind of silly reading the, "I'd never step into the stealer and buy a 30.00 t-shirt or overpriced parts", etc. Yet, in the same breath, they are shelling out $20,000.00 and above for their rides. Yeah, that's showin' 'em.[:-]

If folks want to hang out at the dealerships visiting with the workers,friends and acquaintances, more power to 'em. What the hell difference does it make to anyone other than themselves?The generalized, broad-based responses often times echoed on these forums makes me - at times - wish I were notin indirect association with 'all those who ride Harley's'.With the exception of this forum, in all my years of riding, I have yet to encounter folks'out on the road in the real world' who share some of the same closed-minded and painfullyinaccurate viewpoints as those expressed on these forums more often than not.To hell with what others do, say, act, dress,and ride. Mind your own counsel, ride when you can, and just be freakin' happy with your station in life! Life's too short to worry about whatever the hell someone else is doing. Thatsame someone whose actions don't impact you in the least!Just sayin'.

Old 05-28-2008 | 09:03 AM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior

The only reason I go to the dealer is to watch the strippers on the stripper pole.

Quick Reply: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?