General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:39 PM
codyshop
Tourer
Default RE: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

It givesthose with sad, empty lives a sense of belonging to something. Ray

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:52 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

There's a couple of dealers I do business with around here...if I'm at the one where I bought my bike, they invite me back to the employee area for a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze, damn nice people all around...the other has a 50's style deli, and I've been known to grab lunch while I'm there, again pretty good people, a lot of them friends...it's an environment like everywhere else in the world, you take the good stuff and leave the rest...personally, I don't understand the painting all H-D dealerships with a black brush...there's a lot of good peopleWORKIN' in those places just tryin' to make a livin'...

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:54 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

Amen! How did you know?

Old 05-27-2008 | 09:01 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

a long time ago thats what ya did. Ya hung out at the dealers and chatted with owner, mechanic(if he wasn't busy) and just shot the sh*t. Today it seems and especially with the universal foo foo look back in the 80's, its all being geared for spending. At my local moco one is almost attacked upon entry to the shop by a sale person. Its kinda stupid if you ask me. Nor do I get the feeling its a place to chill unless the chilling includes talking about the purchase of a new or used machine.

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:21 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: badinfluence63

a long time ago thats what ya did. Ya hung out at the dealers and chatted with owner, mechanic(if he wasn't busy) and just shot the sh*t. Today it seems and especially with the universal foo foo look back in the 80's, its all being geared for spending. At my local moco one is almost attacked upon entry to the shop by a sale person. Its kinda stupid if you ask me. Nor do I get the feeling its a place to chill unless the chilling includes talking about the purchase of a new or used machine.
When I was in high school (a long time ago in a small town in SE AZ)we used to go over to "RED's". He owned the bike shop in town. We'd bs with him and watch him work on bikes. Red is gone now but I still like to hang out at the dealership now and then to bs. Hambergers and dogs aint bad either.

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:26 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

I try to put as much coffee in me as they take $$ out of my wallet. So far, I'm way behind...and highly buzzed.

Old 05-28-2008 | 04:56 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

Well being a friendly sort of a guy I try to pop in to my Dealer now and then for the free coffee and doughnuts and try to be socialble. I start off with the right intentions, but not being one for small talk, I usually hang around for around 30 mins and then get bored and leave.

Old 05-28-2008 | 05:25 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I goin on Saturdays to get a free lunch. I don't even go inside.

Old 05-28-2008 | 06:47 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

I like to sit on a bench out front and watch the "clowns" roll in. Not much variety in the costumes,black tee shirts,black boots, etc... Not all of them on bikes! Out of the SUV or Crown Vic, and bingo! A costumed biker going in for the H-D lifestyle.

Old 05-28-2008 | 06:55 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Maybe there's no McDonalds around close. Did you notice how old they were???

Quick Reply: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?