General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:52 PM
x2lee
Banned
Default RE: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?

I consider them stealers and dont do business there...

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:03 PM
buldog21
Cruiser

I only go if I have to spend money but when I'm there I will at least say hi to all that I know.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:06 PM
thrillseeker
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: UncleDon

why do so many of you always wonder what others are doing or wearing or riding or ................??
perhaps you should live by your own words.

Its just a curiosity to me that I don't get - don't like the question, don't chime in.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:11 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master

I usually stop in on most Saturdays to see whats new (Bikes, jackets, t-shirts, etc.) I am friends with many of the employees so I BS a little too. The free donuts aren't bad either!

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:16 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

....There are a lot of guys that just go to the dealership and hang out. They are not buying bikes, they are not getting service, or buying parts,they are kicking back, shooting the **** with whomever will listen, drinking crappy coffee......
We have a ton of regulars that hang around the shop (or at least drop in a couple of times a week). We're glad to see them, it's good for business to have people in the shop (buying or not), plus they're a good bunch of folks.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:19 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

You are "right on the point". Look around and see the hang out's. Silver colored hair, dew rag and big stomach. Boasting of "Glory Days". Hah! The Hooter girls love me because I ride a Harley and don't do fear.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:21 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior

This thread reminds me of a friend of mine. He would go to the dealer he bought his bike at every Saturday during the summer time because they served free hot dogs and chips. I asked him about it and he said that he spent 17 grand there on his bike and he was trying to get some of that money back in free lunches. I busted out laughing and said man you better eat a lot of f***ing hotdogs for 17 grand!

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:24 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

My independant shop gives me personal service........dealers are for t-shirts and washroom breaks for me....

[IMG]local://upfiles/48412/304F68520AA241A48BC90829F77BBFBC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:30 PM
Donny
Road Captain

There's one dealer I'll stop at from time to time and BS with the service guys, or I'll sit on the bench out front smoking cigarettesand watch people come and go. You just can't buy entertainment like that. I've seen it all, met some cool people,and some that make me think they are some socialogical experimentrun amuck.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:31 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member

I kind of feel bad for my dealer because I am the "stealer" . On Saterday they give out free hamburgers/hotdogs and Miller Lite. I go eat their food, drink their beer but I never buy anything from them.Then Iplace my parts order for Zanottis because of the discount.

Quick Reply: What Do You Do At Your Dealer Shop?