General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dayton, Ohio Biker down...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:39 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dayton, Ohio Biker down...

Sorry to hear this.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:01 AM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That makes me sick to my stomache that the news station opted for a helmet piece vice a cell phone piece. They should have sought out about 10 riders who could tell quick stories of all the idiots who weren't paying attention while diddling with their cell phones!!

I would pull the lever for banning cell phones...and forcing wireless/bluetooth/handsfree options.

May the good man RIP.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:20 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a good place for a"no turn on red" sign and a turn arrow.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"The crash is still being investigated, and charges against Were are pending, according to the patrol."

Hmmm ....... what's to investigate? Vehicles making turns don't have the right of way do they? Is there more to this than what I'm reading?
Anyway RIP John and Badfinger I'm glad to hear your buddy is going to be Ok.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
voewoody
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biggerfoot- I believe he was leaving Jackass Flats, as someone else said F&S is a great dealership to go to but it is like a freaking death trap getting there.

Anyways Prayers Go Out to a Brother.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I really think they should make the left turn on green illeagl. Everytime someone posts about a rider getting killed it is always the damn "Left turner".

Old 06-04-2008, 03:49 PM
jtraufler75
Stage I

I just wanted tosay thanks everyone that cared enough to think about my ex-father-in-law John Harowski Jr. a.k.a Polock. He was a son, brother, father, grandfather & a very good friend to many. He was taken from this world way before his time. He was on his way to JackassFlats when he was struck &killed.The not wearing of the helmet wasn't was killed him, it was the chest trauma he suffered from what i gather from other family members. The point is a lifeof a rider was taken! Automoblie drivers need to be aware of them. Some kind of charges need to be made.Have they even checked her cell phone records?

Me & my son who is 13 yrs. old posted a bulletin onour myspace page's urging driver's that it is riding season & to pay attention to the road for motorcycle's. On his page under his hero's he lists grandpa & the obitbut ends with this "Grandpa your pipes will roar on forever in heaven R.I.P" . This has been a difficult time for my son because his dad ,John's oldest son Jeff was unable to attend his father's funeral due to circumstances out of his& the family's control.

He was killed on my sister's birthday 5-21-08 & his viewing was on my birthday 5-27-08.
I just am still in so much shock ! I will never be able to celebrate without thinking about him.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63598/5F2577780D3B413FA9446B961471B1B7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2008, 05:04 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

&lt\\;P&gt\\;Jennifer... Sorry about your loss...&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;Your Lawyer (or anyone else, for that matter) can, for 90-100 bucks or so, get copies of telephone or cell phone records.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Your attourney should have done that immediately!&amp\\;nbsp\\; The other thing that can be done is to attempt to impound (or secure as evidence) anything related to the accident.&amp\\;nbsp\\; The Phone??? The Car itself???&amp\\;nbsp\\; Make things really inconvienient for the perp.&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;I was almost broadsided by a cell phone talking, red light runner going 60-65 mph (I was in the car).&amp\\;nbsp\\; We chatted at the trafic light four miles down the road.&amp\\;nbsp\\; I carelessly left my fingerprints on her cell phone&lt\\;IMG src=&quot\\;https://www.hdforums.com/image/s4.gi...&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;Jim aka kiltiemon (death is coming to most of us sooner or later... let’s try to procrastinate as long as possible!!!)&lt\\;IMG src=&quot\\;https://www.hdforums.com/image/s1.gi...&lt\\;/P&gt\\;