General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold Bike pick up was a freakin mess...such is life...a mess

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:30 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Default RE: Sold Bike pick up was a freakin mess...such is life...a mess

OK I am going to do my very best to translate into English..........

Fella brought a ricer trailer.

[A gentleman turned up with a Ricer trailer to pick up my bike.]

Sides of rails way to high..said no go..but drove 4 hours.

[The bike wouldn't fit because the rails on the side of the trailer were too high and what's more he had driven for 4 hours to get here!]

Tried and hit oil line....my driveway is fuked.

[We tried to get it on / in the trailer and in the process broke an oil line on the bike making a mess all over my nice clean drive.]

Then he had me cut the sides down on the rental trailer with my saws all.

[He then politely asked if I could cut the side rails on the trailer so the bike would fit more easily and as he didn't have any tools I kindly agreed to lend him mine.]

Oil all over driveway, trailer, hands, feet ,dick,saws all,dick...did I say dick?

[Now as well as oil all over my nice clean drive and I now have bits of trailer and saw cuttings as well as dirty hands and feet marks. My goodness me did I say the '*ick' word]

Tried second time after hacking up the rental.

[We tried once more to get the bike on the trailer having made some minor adjustments and improvements to the rented trailer.]

Told him won't clear....up it went got hooked up in frame,could not get it down.

[I discussed the problem with him and advised him that the bike would still not clear the side rails. Whilst we were trying to get the bike on the trailer for the second time the bike became entangled in the trailer and we could not get it off again.]

Lucky I have such good balance..got her down.

[it is fortunate that Ihave excellent balance and I manged to get the bike off the trailer.]

Called WI Harley and my pals came right away even though they were closed to pick it up.

[I phoned my good friends at WI Harley and they popped down in a jiffy and, even though they had finished for the day, tocollect the bike in order to repair the broken oil line.]

Dude drove home no bike...4 hour ride home will be back with another trailer soon.

[The poor gentleman had to make the 4 hour drive home without the bike and assured me he would return with a more appropriate trailer.]

Feel bad for the man.

[I am totally distraught about the poor gentleman's unfortunate experience.]

OK

[Undertsand?]

I trust I have got this mostly right and have helped you all out?

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:34 PM
sldavis
Road Captain

Well I finally read the whole post. Started out reading it awhile ago and saw the words "sawzall" and "dick" in the same sentence and figured it was going in the wrong direction......yikes!

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:46 PM
Darthvader
|
Road Warrior

Ok perhaps you can splain somthing to me. How come you were able to understand what I wrote whilst so many other could not?

ORIGINAL: Gaffy52

OK I am going to do my very best to translate into English..........

Fella brought a ricer trailer.

[A gentleman turned up with a Ricer trailer to pick up my bike.]

Sides of rails way to high..said no go..but drove 4 hours.

[The bike wouldn't fit because the rails on the side of the trailer were too high and what's more he had driven for 4 hours to get here!]

Tried and hit oil line....my driveway is fuked.

[We tried to get it on / in the trailer and in the process broke an oil line on the bike making a mess all over my nice clean drive.]

Then he had me cut the sides down on the rental trailer with my saws all.

[He then politely asked if I could cut the side rails on the trailer so the bike would fit more easily and as he didn't have any tools I kindly agreed to lend him mine.]

Oil all over driveway, trailer, hands, feet ,dick,saws all,dick...did I say dick?

[Now as well as oil all over my nice clean drive and I now have bits of trailer and saw cuttings as well as dirty hands and feet marks. My goodness me did I say the '*ick' word]

Tried second time after hacking up the rental.

[We tried once more to get the bike on the trailer having made some minor adjustments and improvements to the rented trailer.]

Told him won't clear....up it went got hooked up in frame,could not get it down.

[I discussed the problem with him and advised him that the bike would still not clear the side rails. Whilst we were trying to get the bike on the trailer for the second time the bike became entangled in the trailer and we could not get it off again.]

Lucky I have such good balance..got her down.

[it is fortunate that Ihave excellent balance and I manged to get the bike off the trailer.]

Called WI Harley and my pals came right away even though they were closed to pick it up.

[I phoned my good friends at WI Harley and they popped down in a jiffy and, even though they had finished for the day, tocollect the bike in order to repair the broken oil line.]

Dude drove home no bike...4 hour ride home will be back with another trailer soon.

[The poor gentleman had to make the 4 hour drive home without the bike and assured me he would return with a more appropriate trailer.]

Feel bad for the man.

[I am totally distraught about the poor gentleman's unfortunate experience.]

OK

[Undertsand?]

I trust I have got this mostly right and have helped you all out?

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:59 PM
Darthvader
|
Road Warrior

Ok they say a picture is worth a 1000 words. My big concern is that the check does not clear and the one I wrote for this bike will bouncy bouncy.

Check out just a small sample of the mess too while your viewing the candy.

Old 05-23-2008 | 01:20 PM
Gooseneck
Advanced

For oil on the driveway spray brake cleaner fluid righton the oil.Let set for 1 minute and wipe up with paper towels.Repeat if required,works great everytime.

Old 05-23-2008 | 01:22 PM
Gooseneck
Advanced

For hot check on bike use pistol.Aim at head and pull trigger.Repeat if neccesary

Old 05-23-2008 | 01:24 PM
deluxxxe
Cruiser

Go and pick up some Sure Clean at you local masonry store. Its detergent with acid in it. Cleans concrete nicely. Please read the direction first though.

Old 05-23-2008 | 02:14 PM
Curt J
Cruiser

Darth, from the looks of your stable of bikes, I doubt very much your check would bounce!!!! And from the looks of your driveway, the mess ain't too bad either. After seeing your driveway mine could be considered an environmental disaster. Sh*t you could eat off yours.

Old 05-23-2008 | 02:54 PM
Darthvader
|
Road Warrior

Curt...I owe I owe I owe. Like one of the seven Dwarfs

Old 05-23-2008 | 04:53 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

Possible moral of this story ....Never buy a trailer from a place that also rents trailers !

Quick Reply: Sold Bike pick up was a freakin mess...such is life...a mess