General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold Bike pick up was a freakin mess...such is life...a mess

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008 | 10:07 AM
albertasaurus
Road Master
Default RE: Sold Bike pick up was a freakin mess...such is life...a mess

I too am waiting for chapter 2 of this tale. First, to see how much the guy bought the hacked-up rental trailer for; and second, to see how much he paid for the repairs on the bike he just bought.

Old 05-23-2008 | 10:19 AM
Darthvader
|
Road Warrior

Ya I will find out about the repair bill. My driveway is a total mess. Scrubed and still a disaster. Can't get the oil off. like a bad tatoo.

ORIGINAL: albertasaurus

I too am waiting for chapter 2 of this tale. First, to see how much the guy bought the hacked-up rental trailer for; and second, to see how much he paid for the repairs on the bike he just bought.

Old 05-23-2008 | 10:21 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Yeah, I can remember (hard to do some days) when we were buying or selling, we only wanted to make sure there was a good title and that the lights and fenders were at least in a box somewhere in case the cops ever started enforcing light laws.
ORIGINAL: albertasaurus

Old 05-23-2008 | 10:51 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

Nah... back in the day in Okla. we'd a just farmed-boyed that puppy with about four of us to lift and pitch it into the back of the trailer, truck or trunk of a car. You laugh?... pitched one into a car trunk once and skated on home with the front wheels just skippin on the pavement.
ORIGINAL: DeJavu

Here in Texas we would have backed that trailers wheels into a ditch so you could just roll her in without takin' the bottom out of the frame(unless that trailer was really a weird one).
Done both these, ditch and trunk. Sporty in the trunk of a 78 Impala Sport Coupe. 4 to load, they go to the bar, had to use a come along in the tree to get the beotch out when we got home. Nice to know that it exists in Ok., too.

Old 05-23-2008 | 11:09 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

Alternate to the ditch method, get a shovel(the tool, not the bike) and dig 2 holes behind the rear wheels and back into them, you can lower the deck to the ground and just roll in.

Old 05-23-2008 | 11:37 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member

What am I missing here? I've read the post (several times) and all of the follow up responses. I understand the reference to the boob with a bike, actually see 2 *****, but where does the trailer come in? Oh wait, the narrative is on the RIGHT side of the picture. Never mind, I get it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/EDA74E9BE54546D39111D161B4D2F54B.jpg[/IMG], [IMG]local://upfiles/1981/FA20D7D26D0A4EE3ABC095FB48AB295B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/7CD340DB8646474BBFB1B9FC2811DC83.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2008 | 11:50 AM
Darthvader
|
Road Warrior

Yip you got it two ***** and a bike.

ORIGINAL: DGlide04

What am I missing here? I've read the post (several times) and all of the follow up responses. I understand the reference to the boob with a bike, actually see 2 *****, but where does the trailer come in? Oh wait, the narrative is on the RIGHT side of the picture. Never mind, I get it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/EDA74E9BE54546D39111D161B4D2F54B.jpg[/IMG], [IMG]local://upfiles/1981/FA20D7D26D0A4EE3ABC095FB48AB295B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/7CD340DB8646474BBFB1B9FC2811DC83.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2008 | 11:54 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Darth, if that's youins in the picture thingy. can we sit down and have a nice drinky and discuss the facts of life?

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:16 PM
*J*
Banned

Well, Ive read the whole thread, and I think I get it, well most of it. The guy brought a trailer and you two couldnt get the bike on the trailer, right? So in the process you broke the bike, and got oil everywhere. Then you guys decided it would go on the trailer if you cut up the trailer? Making a ramp, or getting some freinds to help never crossed your minds. Nor did finding somewhere else to load it, where there was a ramp, or dock or something. But cutting up the trailer was a good idea? Your a riot dude. How much did you guys have to drink anyways?

BTW what exactly is a "ricer" trailer?

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:22 PM
cdale976
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Da Gumpmeister

ORIGINAL: UncleDon

really.WTF is she trying to say. Iwas born in Wisconsin and I don't know what she is talking about,,,,,she must have some Illinois or Minnesota blood in her Darth,,you are embarrassing your fellow cheeseheads!
Okay, Don Diego, you have done crossed the line here. That is exactly why we live on THIS side of the river. Consider it a 'natural' moat. Worst part, I knew exactly what Darth was saying, scary, Huh?
My ? was asked by luc.who, WTF happened when he went to take the friggin' rental trailer back? That may be the best part of the whole darned story. Can you say "Dough head?"
At least over here in Mn, we would have gotten the bike home the FIRST time, and here is proof, don't need no steenkin' trailer. "Silly yuppie, trailers are for boats"

[IMG]local://upfiles/49714/8970BA6FFFA3498EB6BCE43FE7C6356D.jpg[/IMG]
LOLLLLLL +1

Quick Reply: Sold Bike pick up was a freakin mess...such is life...a mess