General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chicago harley shipping took how ****** long

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 PM
HilllBillly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chicago harley shipping took how ****** long

I ordered $700 worth of stuff from Chicago Harley 17 days ago.... some of the order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow finally --- WTF? I shoulda bought it local and paid more and called it a day when I wanted it

Chicago did give me $200 off my order for it taking so long

I dont know if the 20% discount is worth the hassle and frustration.... god forbid anything in the order is wrong and needs reordered

Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: chicago harley shipping took how ****** long

Sure wish I would have known this before I just ordered $358.00 worth of stuff. One of the items is a chrome cruise control switch and is on back order till late July or first of August. I was informed by the INTERNET sales guy that the order will be held until all items are in. The other item is the cruise control kit. I advised that I didn't want the rest of the order held because of the $2.10 button on back order. Sales guy copped an attitude and started telling me what is it I want to do and after a few more words told me I should have read their order policy and then hung up on me. After reading their policy I noted that they can charge a 20% restocking fee on canceled orders, which in this case would be $71.60. Called back and got the same guy and I canceled the button, now I will see how long the rest of my order takes or if I get a restocking fee on and item they didn't even have or if I get anyof the remaining 2 items.

So far very disappointed but will wait and see.

Paul

Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

always had good luck with them, i was going to order a service manual but with shipping so high now just bought local, shipping put it at damn near retail not there fault frigin gas prices

Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read their return policy ... They only return certain items ... so make sure you know what you can return and what you can't. Also, on non-warranty or defect items there is a 20% restocking fee ... so you just shot the 20% savings right out the window. Their website also says that "most items" will ship in 7 to 10 days ... but don't expect it to be really 10 days. That's 10 business days ... which really means 2 weeks.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 AM
scarnay
Road Master

I had no problem with my order. It took about 8 days to get to my house so the 20% was worth the wait for me.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Agar
Intermediate

I ordered a sissybar, turn signal lenses, and a laydown license plate holder from them on April 20th. After 2 phone calls with 2 explanations for why the order hadn't shipped, it finally arrived on May 21st. I got the distinct impression when talking to the salesman that I was being jerked around. Just don't order anything from them that you are in a hurry to get.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 AM
JGroves
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to use them but have stopped because of poor customer service and long delays in shipping.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hale's H-D. Period.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:56 AM
steelhorse 1971
Tourer

Same here,ordered some stuff from them last year and it almost took a month to ship.I never could get anyone to answer the phone.I wont use them again.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

I stopped using Chicago HD. I ordered a shift linkage from them in April.Following a 3-week wait,I called and learned they hadn't shipped my order.When I asked if the part was in stock they said yes. I told them to cancel my order.

Quick Reply: chicago harley shipping took how ****** long