General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chicago harley shipping took how ****** long

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: chicago harley shipping took how ****** long

yeah... if they have to "special order" something...they probably only order from HD once a week. so your order may sit for a few days before they actually order it from Harley. Then once Harley gets it it is bound to take a few days to Recieve the order, pick the order, and ship the order. Then once Chicagogets the order they have to unpack, sort, bill, repack, that in itself probably takes a day or two. then they probably ship daily so no waiting on UPS at their location.so then you got the time it takes from Chicago to where you live.

this is all standard procedure... i do ordering/shipping for Forklift parts and it is the name of the game... ever sincecomputers, fax machines, and the Internet. people think they should have everything instantly. but back before all thoses things listed, you had to wait for everything. so maybe they could be more effecient... but everything takes time. just drink a beer and be happy you didnt pay list!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluzmn59

Hale's H-D. Period.
Yep, good people at Hale's.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:04 PM
belmac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: doc_cj

Read their return policy ... They only return certain items ... so make sure you know what you can return and what you can't. Also, on non-warranty or defect items there is a 20% restocking fee ... so you just shot the 20% savings right out the window. Their website also says that "most items" will ship in 7 to 10 days ... but don't expect it to be really 10 days. That's 10 business days ... which really means 2 weeks.
yep, this caught me.had to wait a month to get my order then discovered i had ordered the wrong part number. they won't take it back. so if anyone needs a communication switch kit part #77173-07 pm me. learned a very costly lesson but gained good judgement

Old 05-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Wags1
Tourer

Their has been lots of traffic here with complaints similar to yours wrt Chicago HD. I placed 1 order with them last year and had similar issues. I will never use them again. I have had very good luck with Surdyke HD- http://www.surdykeharley.com/Default.asp

20% off (they are running a 21% off sale all during May) and very pleasant folks to work with.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered the auxillary lights from them a couple months back. Two weeks go by and I call them. The guy says let me check on it and says it's sitting on a bench to be shipped. I asked why it wasn't already shipped since it had been over two weeks, he told me he's get it out that day.
Got it two days later.

Ordered a Stealth luggage rack from them on April 30th. Waited over two weeks again, called to inquire and he said it had been backordered till June 2nd. I couldn't chance not getting it before ROT so I cancelled the order and bought it locally. Cost me $70 more, but it's on and I'm ready for ROT. Probably won't be ordering from there again. Poor customer service IMO.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Agar
Intermediate

The first time I called about the delay in my order (1 month), the guy told me the parts were there but they had been very busy in the shipping department. He promised they would ship immediately. Nothing happened and 5 days later I called again. This time the same guy told me they were waiting on a part. When I pointed out to him that he had already said that the order was ready to ship he launched into a bulls**t story about how parts aren't always on the shelf. Buy from them at your own risk.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 AM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I'll have to show this thread to the wife. She just couldn't understand why I didn't want to order my windshield from Chicago last weekend, and wait "10" days for it. I tried to remind her of the last order I got from them and how long their "10" days really is. I got it at my local dealer and got 15% off. (Police and fireman get 15% off)

Old 05-24-2008, 02:54 PM
cookiemech
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I've been ordering from Chicago BMW for a long time (same people as Chicago H-D.) For some reason, about every third order turns out the way the original poster's one did. I ordered some (BMW) parts on April 12th; they didn't come, so I sent them a couple of emails. Nothing. So on the 20th of May I called and talked with the Internet Sales person. He was very pleasant and apologetic and said that my parts were on the shelf (uhhh . . . WHY?) and if I'd still like to have them, he'd ship them overnight. I said OK, and they were here the next day.

When I order from them (either for one of my BMWs or my Road King) I know the score going in. The price is good, but if I need it quickly, I have to buy the parts locally (not easy to do with BMW, since the local dealer is gone.) Their site works well for ordering, though.

20% off is a lot of money for something like a Tour-Pak . . .