General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding without an MC license......

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 PM
rwagon57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding without an MC license......

ORIGINAL: TideRKC

A guy in my class highsided in between two of the tests and still passed.
I must challenge that since one of the 1st things I read to the class when giving the instructions for the skills evaluation is: "Two things will result in an automatic failure and you will not be allowed to continue:
1) An intentional unsafe act, and;
2) Falling or dropping your motorcycle."

Once the skills test starts until the 4th evaluation is completed, a fall or dropped bike is a failure.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Bottom line, there is no reason not to have the endorsement, especially if you have ridden since you were 12, the test should be no problem, then it's just one thing you don't have to worry about. Just relax and ride the test and you'll be fine. Good luck

Bubba

Old 05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
TideRKC
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rwagon57

ORIGINAL: TideRKC

A guy in my class highsided in between two of the tests and still passed.
I must challenge that since one of the 1st things I read to the class when giving the instructions for the skills evaluation is: "Two things will result in an automatic failure and you will not be allowed to continue:
1) An intentional unsafe act, and;
2) Falling or dropping your motorcycle."

Once the skills test starts until the 4th evaluation is completed, a fall or dropped bike is a failure.
Not to hijack the topic too much but . . .

The rest of us in the class were just as shocked. The longer story is that in the first drill he swerved leftinstead of right afterthe figure 8 drill. He had to redo the drill since he swerved the wrong way and while heading back to the start he took his trip off the high side. The entire class was bumbed since we figured he had failed as well. The instructors had him complete the rest of the test which we all figured was just so he would be familiar with the test when he retook the class. Turns out, the passed him. The explination was that it wasn't during the actual performance of the drill. Maybe the instructors made a mistake but he passed.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM
donshenta
Novice

i was talking with some buddies and a couple are riding without thier endorsment. they were saying if they got caught it was giong to be a couple hundred bucks and the bike would be impounded but that is here in jersey. most cops here are pretty cool but their is always that one that is haveing a bad day

Old 05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[sm=happy046.gif]I am legal now, at least during the day and off the freeway.I just got back from the DMV and passed my written. Missed 1 out of 25 questions. I will have to admit that I was a little nervous. Hadn't taken a test in years.Felt like I was in school again. My ride test is scheduled of all days, Friday the 13th...LOL. Wish me luck. Thanksto all of you for your encouragement. It feels good to stop procastinating and do the right thing.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:30 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats for manning up and doing the right thing.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

The choice is yours. make the right one!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: travroc

[sm=happy046.gif]I am legal now, at least during the day and off the freeway.I just got back from the DMV and passed my written. Missed 1 out of 25 questions. I will have to admit that I was a little nervous. Hadn't taken a test in years.Felt like I was in school again. My ride test is scheduled of all days, Friday the 13th...LOL. Wish me luck. Thanksto all of you for your encouragement. It feels good to stop procastinating and do the right thing.
Congrats. You shouldn't have any problems with the ride test.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM
tpgun10
Cruiser

Not that much of a pain-ATLEAST get the Learners permit at DMV-a short 25 question test and need to get 20 right to get the learners...atleast your ok then.

BL: Get the license, insur. and all-you'll ride with peace of mind then.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:00 PM
dale51racing
Novice

I would worried about the insurance company not paying for not having valid license. Make the right choice.

Quick Reply: Riding without an MC license......