General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who all rode today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 06:26 PM
rogue_rob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who all rode today?

yeah, I hear it's fixin to get cold in this neck of the woods. Figured I'd take it out and charge the battery

Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

The Deuce was loose! Like Big Daddy said - High about 60 (they lied I think!) Feels more like about 50 with the wind blowing and occasional cloudy skys. Did about 50-60 miles today.

After loading a new map in the ECM last night, I wanted to get out and see how the bike ran. It did great.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:54 PM
rde
Road Captain

Windy conditions, partly sunny, and temps in the 50's. I took my bike out and put another 50 miles on it. Finally clicked over 200 miles on my new 06 WG. Met up with a buddy who has a new Road King Classic. We road a little before heading different directions.

I just had an Arlen Ness Big Sucker kit and a PC III put on my bike last week. Oh, did she purrrrrrr!

Old 02-25-2006, 07:05 PM
alexcue
Road Master

Here in LA, just had to ride to work. It was beautifu this morningl, right now it's 77 outside, but looks like clouds are starting to roll in. Still can't get enough of the bike tho...

Old 02-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Tim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not I said the wolf! 1" of rain here in south Louisiana![&o] I did spend some "quality time" on the forums today. Does that count for something?? Happy Mardi Gras, Tim

Old 02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts

It is 75* and sunny here in beautiful Santa Clarita, Ca. Wife and I rode about 45 miles for pancakes in Filmore this morning. Then came home and got out the bicycles to work off the carbo's.

Will probably fire up the Harleys this afternoon and ride out to dinner. Can't beat the weather here in So. Cal.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

Got up this morning to 34 degrees and snow still on the ground. Left out at 11 am to 41 degrees and rode down into 73 and sunny! Gotta love the so-cal. Went to a bbq, there was about 150 bikes and bros. I have a storage unit down the hill that I use in bad weather, so I left it there, since there is a storm commin in on Monday, but I will be up bright and early tomorrow to ride the day away before the storm.

Its been 2 weeks since the last ride, and I was out of town last weekend when we got 18" of snow. So I didnt get the bike down the hill in time. I spent 2 hours yesterday gettin ice off the driveway so I could ride today.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:14 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I did 30 miles here in Cleveburg........50 degrees & sunny this morning............33 degrees now.......snow tonight.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Redhawk
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was supposed to be in the 60's today. The wife & I left out early this morning, it was in the low 40's. Rode a little over 100 miles. I don't think it got out of the low 50's. It was cold, cloudy & a little rain, but it was great to get out again.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:31 PM
roadglidin
Cruiser

Smile still frozen on my face. On "emergency call" for my work today but had errands this morning so ran them on the Glide. Im way up in the hills in NW Ct., expecting 1-3" snow sometime today (only flurried in my area) Anyhow ran to town and did my thing only 25 deg. out. Pulled over and checked the pager-alls quiet just before my home street so I decided to continue the other way to Litchfield. Looped around and back. Almost 27 deg by the time I got home. Had it not been for being oncall I would have normally spent the day riding despite the temps. Aint nuthin like Gerbings liner and heated gloves.

Quick Reply: Who all rode today?