Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW DO YOU REACT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:53 PM
harley50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW DO YOU REACT?

When someone in a car cuts you off in traffic how do you react? I.E. Do you flip them off ,scream and yell, or do you just let it go and ride on? Please let your actions be known. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master
Default RE: HOW DO YOU REACT?

Other than venting, what good is it to scream at them? yell? or flip them off? I'm guilty of all three, but anymore, I just put as much distance as I can between them and me. If it's a lil' ol' lady,screaming at her or startling her could have an adverse reaction. And I suppose it's one thing if they cut you off due to not seeing you,versus those that cut you off intentionally. In any case, for me, I just put as much space as quickly as I can between us and move on.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:57 PM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My initial reaction is to cuss and scream, but then I think, hell I make mistakes too, so I just forget about it and ride on. Besides, here in SoCal, road rage can get ya shot!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:58 PM
farns
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on the circumstances.

A ligitimate mistake that was not too close -a bunch of muttering and I carry on.

A STUPID mistake that could have cost me and my passenger (often my daughter) our lives -yelling, waving of arms, flipping the bird, foaming at the mouth, much cursing.

I generally drive defensively enough that as a rule (knock on wood), my scares are pretty infrequent and generally not too close a call.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:58 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

Nothing says Lovin' like the middle finger and it does wonders for you attitude. This Birds for you[sm=usa.gif]

Old 05-18-2008, 05:01 PM
harley50
Cruiser

Since i started this thread What i do is let it go and i ride on.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:04 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my younger days, they would have gotten the full treatment. Now that I'm a little older, I normally just let it pass and ride on.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:07 PM
brok02
Advanced

I'm usually pretty good about letting it go, but just a week or so ago, someoneturned onto the highway atan intersection(cut me off) andhad the ***** to stick their arm out the window and flip me the bird...like it was my fault! [&:] It's that kind of crap that gets me fired up.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:09 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: farns

Depends on the circumstances.

A ligitimate mistake that was not too close -a bunch of muttering and I carry on.

A STUPID mistake that could have cost me and my passenger (often my daughter) our lives -yelling, waving of arms, flipping the bird, foaming at the mouth, much cursing.

I generally drive defensively enough that as a rule (knock on wood), my scares are pretty infrequent and generally not too close a call.
Pretty much the same here.....not to close, I will grumble a bit, and carry on............close enuff I have to brake or swerve to avoid em, and they generally get the finger and a few choice words.......

TOO close, and I am too busy digging seat vinyl out of my ***, and being Thankful, to worry about cussin em out.

Good thing I drive like a little ole lady.....close calls are few and far between, for me.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:12 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well if they look like they can whoop my ***, I'll let it go. [sm=chairshot.gif]Otherwise I can be found screaming, shouting, and flipping the bird.

Quick Reply: HOW DO YOU REACT?