Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW DO YOU REACT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: HOW DO YOU REACT?

If I remember correctly, the last time someone cut me off, I SLAMED MY LEFT BLINKER ON!!! (missed the horn button)
Over the years I have tried everthing from letting it pass, to pulling up beside the car and having a fit. Each got the same result. Lucky for me nothing.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:11 PM
BROWNDOG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my head I'm looking for the rocket-launcher button. In reality, anything form shaking my head at them or flipping them off.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 PM
qwest
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Mikey 1450

If I remember correctly, the last time someone cut me off, I SLAMED MY LEFT BLINKER ON!!! (missed the horn button)
LOL

I've done that. Kinda takes the wind right out of your sails.[:@]

Old 05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

I more or less let it go , sometimes I'll just pull up next to the drivers window and shaking my head and giving them a eye brows raised , you " dumb *** " look and keep on going . The ones that flip me off for something they did wrong, they get the BIRD with some interest plus I'll follow them with my brights on until they turn off or I do , nonviolent and it works for ne !

Old 05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,517 Likes on 3,842 Posts

ORIGINAL: qwest

ORIGINAL: Mikey 1450

LOL

I've done that. Kinda takes the wind right out of your sails.[:@]
There's both good and bad with blind drivers. They can pull out in front of you, but they can't see that you've flipped them the dreaded left-blinker.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:30 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I got pissed off every time someone did something stupid around me, I'd be in a bad mood all day...I always figure too, the fidiot might be drunk, stoned, angry at the world, stupid, just plain psycho, or all of the above and ARMED...f'k 'em, let 'em go...keep on smilin'...

Old 05-18-2008, 10:35 PM
MOSTWANTED
Road Captain

I had some kids come flying around me in their mustangs last week on a 4 lane divided hwy. It looked to me like they were racing. One of them cut over right in front of me and rode the tail of an innocent bystander for a moment than proceeded to pass them by driving through the median! He kicked up dust and rocks which pegged me. Initially, I was pizzed, and hauled azz to catch up with him. When I caught up he was backed off to 45mph and oblivious that I was giving him the eye. I planned to give him a piece of my mind, but he jumped in a turn lane going the oposite direction that I was, and I was trying to get to the store to pick up some stuff for the lady.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:30 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

I love it when you beep your horn yet they refuse to stop coming. It is obvious they are doing it on purpose. I have to resist the urge to follow them home and beat them to death.

Another question is what do you when someone is tailgaiting you when there is someone driving slow in front of you. What I do is give them the finger and pass the car in front of me accross a double yellow line. I think that is a safer situation than having someone right on top of you.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:31 PM
diverider
Intermediate

Pull in the clutch thunder up the pipes so they know I'm there. Most of the time they truly don't see you. If they see you after the fact and realized they f'd up they might pay more attention next time. If someone gave me the bird (which has never happened) they might be out a mirror if I catch them at a light.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:49 PM
insp.clouseau
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When they're manouvering, a nice, long, annoying hornblow gets you noticed. Once they're in front of me, I put on my headlight and ride in the center of his rearview sight.

Few years ago, weregoing thru slow traffic, kept in our lane. Once of a sudden, a Mercedes SL cabrio (top down)just cut in front of us. Buddie of mine drove in front of him, came to a full stop and did a little burn out. The rest of us surrounded the car and did some HIGH rev'in.
Sure the driver's sense of fresh air was brutally chased....
He didn't look to happy...

Quick Reply: HOW DO YOU REACT?