Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW DO YOU REACT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:30 PM
fireglider
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HOW DO YOU REACT?

These days I try to let it go, especially if it seems to have been a mistake. If I had someone do it intentionally, I would at least bruise their ego, but I always have to remind myself that even a 800+ lb. bike is no match for a mini cooper. BTW, this Fri. evening a local 43 yr. old riding a crotch rocket totalled a Ford F-250. His obit. was in this morning's paper.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:53 PM
twincam882001
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say a thank-you prayer that I'm still on two wheels.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:54 PM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,516 Likes on 3,841 Posts

If someone acts like they thought I wasn't there, they need to know that I was.

Mistakes happen. I get that. I had a woman in a Pontiac almost hit me at midnight, and I just got behind her and was ready to forget all about it. I could see her gesturing, and I started to get kinda pist until we had to stop at a traffic light out in the middle of nowhere and she rolls down her window and yelled" I'm SO SORRY ". That's all I needed to know.

And then there was the little teenie-bopper who changed lanes into me while looking RIGHT at me while jabbering on her cellphone, and then she flipped me off as I pulled back onto the road from the shoulder and got behind her. If her side mirrors were heated, they might not work anymore.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:55 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Let it go, besides you need both hands on the bars to make a quick turn and get ready for the next obstacle.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I guess I was as much reactionist as anyone could be.Was always in a hurry to go nowhere.Then one day realized the problem is not ever going to get better but worse.Much less hassle now just keeping up with the flow of traffic.is good enough.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:02 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday I was riding in the left lane passing a string of cars that were going too slow and I look in the mirror and see this car coming up behind me. It got closer till it was right on my *** and I put my left arm down and gave them a back off signal. They did'nt. I had to clear my throat at the time so I did and turned my head to the left and made sure they seen my spit. They backed off. I got in the right lane to resume my cruisin and they passed me (lookin straight ahead)...it was an old lady driving and an old man in the passenger seat. Sorry granny. It should be dry by now...

Old 05-18-2008, 07:06 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

I'll either pull my gun from my boot and fire 3 quick shots it their general direction or i'll flick a booger on their windshield.Depends on my mood.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:18 PM
congocycles
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on if its just a honest mistake or someone who is too busy on there phone to pay attention to the road or anyone elses life.
If its a honest mistake I mummble and then thank god it wasn't fatal but if its a true idiot I have a small ballpen that works wonders on mirrors.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I let it go.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:56 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It seems that the older that I get the less my intermittent explosive disorder surfaces.

Quick Reply: HOW DO YOU REACT?