General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have I done?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 PM
bragz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have I done?!?

Bought my first ride saturday. I use to race offroad and my chick thought it would be kewl to get a Road Bike to screw around on. Im 34 and figured "what the hell, why not". We needed something exciting to do in our free time. Ive been riding my 94 heritage classic for a few days now and I dont want to stop. Im a little green but Im assuming thats expected after going from a yz250 to a 94 hertitage. Went to the local bar for some grub and gained 4 friends instantly because of the bike. Are all Harley people this kewl? I feel like Im born again. What does the future hold? This is just insane. Why didnt I do this years ago? Just thought Id share my little moment with ya'll. Hope to see ya'll on the road!!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 10:53 PM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What have I done?!?

Not all but about 90% are good to go, some are too hard corp gangs that ruien bikers names, others are RUB's that pi$$ off regular bikers. Great that your riding againa take your time and get your legs back under you and maybe take a MSF course. Post some pics of your ride. Possibly join a HOG group in your area that will introduce you to a bunch of new riders, or ride with your new found friends. Sounds like your well on your way to fitting in.

By the way WELCOME to the fourm

Old 02-24-2006, 10:55 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Now you are experiencing what the rest of have been experiencing. Just the word Harley seems to have an effect on people. It did with me for most of my life until last year when I was able, at the age of 54, to buy my first Harley. I had a Suzuki 1000 about 26 years ago and I had a good time on it, but there isn't any comparison between the two. The Harley is so much better in my book. I have met nice people on non-Harley bikes, but Harleys are the thing for me. I wouldn't trade my Springer for any other Harley. I would like to buy another, but I wouldn't trade. Enjoy the ride

Old 02-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Budds
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Similar Story......

Used to do the Motocross thing, but that was many years ago.
Spent some time on friends bikes like GS 1000, Virago, Ninja... but never spent REAL time on a street bike or let alone own one.
Last Year the wife decided she wanted........... A Heritage Classic !

After shopping around, and letting her actualy RIDE one instead of just posing on it...lol....
She wanted something a little different.
She found a 98 Dyna Convertible with low miles and an owner that kept her Well !
Went down to the local HD Dealer so she could size up a few Dyna's..... and off to Kentucky she went with Check in Hand.

I was a little un-easy at first after viewing the Bike in the trailer the mourning she returned.
It was TOO beautiful to Ride !
I was terrified I would scratch it !

But after a few short rides it all came back.... bikes a little heavier, and respect must be given..... Cant man-handle this ride around like the old Dirt Bikes..hehe...
But what a Rush !
Great feeling to feel the Bike Rumble as you cruz around, and Yes.... you do meet the nicest people too !
A Clean Harley will have someone asking you something, or sharing a story, at every stop.

You got a Great looking Scooter.....
Be Well...... Ride Safe.........

Budds....................

Old 02-24-2006, 11:24 PM
DMSC
Road Master

I've made more than few new friends since joining the Harley ranks.

As for "can't get enough ridding"...today, Paula and I rode to a BBQ place that's 36 miles away...when we have a perfectly good BBQ place just 1 miles from our house. We took the long way home and, though I needed to stop by my Mother's house, when we got to her road, we just keep on heading home!

I dropped Paula off at home and then rode back to my Mother's!

Old 02-24-2006, 11:31 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Good for you! I am about the same way with my new bike but the weather is holding me at bay plus there is a ton of salt on the road. I haven't met one nasty Harley person yet. Enjoy it!

Old 02-25-2006, 12:00 AM
dynamolowrider
Tourer

Icant wait for this riding season we got our first big twin 06fxdli loved my sportys but in the last few years we(me & my wife) got to be quite a load . we are going to take a week off pack up and go camping &riding all though eastern ok and up though ark & back its killin me waiting on warmer waether. we used to take 3 or 4 day trips & not even spend a 100 bucks .what could be better riden the back roads camping & geten laid for a week all for less than 1 nite out on the town cant WAIT!!!!!

Old 02-25-2006, 01:12 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wife and I rode yesterday afternoon, went the long way to eat a hamburger, about 45 miles one way! Wife told me that morning she needed to clear some cob webs and I was not about to say no. It was a great afternoon, with my wife, my bike, and great food. The bar/grill is biker friendly and we love to ride their and meet other bikers. It was really great. My wife was her true self the rest of the day. Can't wait for warm weather, I am so ready for it. Also can't wait for our new Road King to get here. Expecting the call anytime.