General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F'n Heartland....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:27 PM
incrediblah
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F'n Heartland....

Would not recommend anyone bother trying to order anything from them. I ordered a 200 bobber kit a month and a half ago, which should have taken a few weeks. I called about it 3 weeks after I ordered, and they told me that the guy who took my order never put it through. They apologized and said they'd try to rush it through, and send it 2 day air.

Another week went by.....nothing. I called again to see what was up and he said it would take about another week. THAT week went by and again I didn't hear or recieve anything from them. So I call yet again today, and they tell me it's now PROBABLY going to take another two weeks, but he can't even guarantee that.

I've heard other people getting the wrong things from them as well. For a company that charges so much for their products, you'd think they would have some decent service to back it up.

If you do order something, have fun waiting.

-pissed off

Old 05-16-2008, 04:32 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F'n Heartland....

haha that sucks man! sounds like progressive suspension. i sent them my blown out air shock 2 weeks ago for warranty work. they say itll be 48 hours and theyll have it back on the way and match whatever shipping i use to send it to them. well after 2 weeks of it sitting there, they sent it ground yesterday even tho i paid 60$ for air, so instead of getting it today, it wont be here til wednesday. i hope you can atleast still ride.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the heads up, I never ordered from them, now most likely would not.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:19 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

So noted. Thanks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49894/038E75C15E2C40A587650C6199C7BE25.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
incrediblah
Advanced

Figured I'd give an update considering I'm even more pissed than I was before, and I feel like I should warn you all about my experience with them.

So the ONLY reason I waited to order this kit was because a new seat design was coming out for it. The front was supposed to be a little more narrow and more comfortable. My kit FINALLY arrived mid last week, AND THEY SENT ME THE OLD SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the guy and it was almost like he knew it, but wasn't going to mention it or send me a new one unless I realized and called him about it. He apologized, and sent out the new seat next day air.....great.

So I started to get into putting it all together today, removing the old fender, sawing off the frame horns etc. First of all, their instructions aren't very good, and the images are blurry as hell. Second, THE OLD HARDWARE DOESN'T FIT THE NEW SEAT!!!!!!!!...and they didn't send any new stuff with it. Also I'd like to add that the mounting bracket sticks out of the front on the new seat and looks stupid.

At this point I'm so F'n pissed off at this company, so please think twice about ordering from them. Easily the worst $1500 I ever spent.

Thank you Heartland USA.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:16 PM
maverick101
Cruiser

I would of cancelled the order a long time ago. If I was to open it up and see the instructions like that I would'nt of even tried to do it and sent it back. If a company takes that long and has that bad of instructions theres bound to be something wrong with the install process.