General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talked my way out of a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Talked my way out of a ticket

Man I feel so lucky. Got behind a tractor-trailer hauling garbage. Liquid was leaking, out I could feel it hitting my face. I rolled on and passed him wide open about 85 then slowed back down. When I was slowing down a cop came around the curve ahead. Clocked me doing 77 in a 55. He asked if I knew my exhaust and high bars were illegal. Crap! I told him the law about the bars was a little gray and the pipes are not that loud.Then I apologized for the speed and told him about the leaky trash truck and said don't you smell this crap all over me that leaked out. He just laughed andwalks back to the car with my DL and insurance. A few minutes later he is walks up and tells me to take it easy on the gas and next time just stay way behind the trucks.

Damn, I feel lucky today although I had to have the wife bring a change of clothes to work. F-ing trash haulers!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 AM
xmarine
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Talked my way out of a ticket

Tell it like it is......methinks you 'smelled' your way out of a ticket.....LOL
I'll HAVE to remember that one!!!
xmarine

Old 05-15-2008, 06:13 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, he was probably about to gag and didn't want to spend any more time there than necessary!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:50 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

So he gave you the sniff test?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:55 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

No sniff test. You really could smell anything, but I said it to hoping he would think it. The trucks haul trash from Atlanta to our backwoods county so no telling what the hell was leaking out of it. Felt greasy...hopefully just some old fast food grease and nothing worse.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:57 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

Hey I will take a change of clothes before I have to pay for a ticket!!!!!

Good for you,,,,

Old 05-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Jetpat
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GB...pretty nasty stuff sounds like. The wife and I were in our car years ago. Got stuck behind a septic truck. Yup ~ had to run the car through the wash on the way home. Saw one of those the other day so I pulled over and waited a few minutes before I continued.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Jetpat

Got stuck behind a septic truck. Yup ~ had to run the car through the wash on the way home.
That would have sucked on a bike. Garbage is bad, but septic crap is way worse.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I came up behind a semi carrying a load of hogs last summer. I could smell it for 2 miles before I caught up with him. There were hills and curves and no way go get around it. The truck finally turned off on a different highway. Nasty.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:52 AM
UncleDon
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: georgiabiker

Man I feel so lucky. Got behind a tractor-trailer hauling garbage. Liquid was leaking, out I could feel it hitting my face. I rolled on and passed him wide open about 85 then slowed back down. When I was slowing down a cop came around the curve ahead. Clocked me doing 77 in a 55. He asked if I knew my exhaust and high bars were illegal. Crap! I told him the law about the bars was a little gray and the pipes are not that loud.Then I apologized for the speed and told him about the leaky trash truck and said don't you smell this crap all over me that leaked out. He just laughed andwalks back to the car with my DL and insurance. A few minutes later he is walks up and tells me to take it easy on the gas and next time just stay way behind the trucks.

Damn, I feel lucky today although I had to have the wife bring a change of clothes to work. F-ing trash haulers!
and don't follow the gravel trucks either......you deserved to get a face full of the stuff from the garbage truck,,,,,,as Bill Engvall would say, "here's your sign"

Quick Reply: Talked my way out of a ticket