General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talked my way out of a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:07 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Talked my way out of a ticket

ORIGINAL: UncleDon
you deserved to get a face full of the stuff from the garbage truck,,,,,,as Bill Engvall would say, "here's your sign"
[sm=wtf.gif]
When your bike is your primary transport your bound to get behind all types. The dump is about 5 miles down the road from my work so I get behind trash trucks all the time. This is the first time I got behind one that was leaking and no way am I going to crawl down the road 3 miles doing 40 to stay far enough behind them.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:11 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: georgiabiker

ORIGINAL: UncleDon
you deserved to get a face full of the stuff from the garbage truck,,,,,,as Bill Engvall would say, "here's your sign"
[sm=wtf.gif]
When your bike is your primary transport your bound to get behind all types. The dump is about 5 miles down the road from my work so I get behind trash trucks all the time. This is the first time I got behind one that was leaking and no way am I going to crawl down the road 3 miles doing 40 to stay far enough behind them.

Wait a second. All this over 5 miles? Dude, you could have just stopped and had a smoke, or something, for a few minutes. Was it that imperative that you be in such a hurry? There's no telling what was hitting you. Think about all the crap in a trash truck. Then for it to be wet enough to seep out. I originally thought you were on some winding road with no escape and HAD to follow the truck.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Nice work!!

I passed a gravel truck like that. He was sandblasting me and I passed him on the double yellow.
No cop though.

MikeM

Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Count your blessings. It does make for a rather entertaining story.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
zoopman
Road Master

ORIGINAL: georgiabiker

Man I feel so lucky. Got behind a tractor-trailer hauling garbage. Liquid was leaking, out I could feel it hitting my face. I rolled on and passed him wide open about 85 then slowed back down. When I was slowing down a cop came around the curve ahead. Clocked me doing 77 in a 55. He asked if I knew my exhaust and high bars were illegal. Crap! I told him the law about the bars was a little gray and the pipes are not that loud.Then I apologized for the speed and told him about the leaky trash truck and said don't you smell this crap all over me that leaked out. He just laughed andwalks back to the car with my DL and insurance. A few minutes later he is walks up and tells me to take it easy on the gas and next time just stay way behind the trucks.

Damn, I feel lucky today although I had to have the wife bring a change of clothes to work. F-ing trash haulers!
I read this andit made me laugh too! sorry--but it's kinda funny. I think you did good--as you were being fairly honest with the leo. Sounds like he felt you frustration and decided not to ruin the rest of your day. Sorry did'nt mean to laugh!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

I came up behind a semi carrying a load of hogs last summer. I could smell it for 2 miles before I caught up with him. There were hills and curves and no way go get around it. The truck finally turned off on a different highway. Nasty.

Same here...cloudy day, thought we felt it begin to sprinkle...Ugh, hog ****....[:'(]

Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71
Wait a second. All this over 5 miles? Dude, you could have just stopped and had a smoke, or something, for a few minutes. Was it that imperative that you be in such a hurry? There's no telling what was hitting you. Think about all the crap in a trash truck. Then for it to be wet enough to seep out. I originally thought you were on some winding road with no escape and HAD to follow the truck.
Eventually, you may decide you aren't going to get where you're going if you wait forever.

I tried what you're recommending once. I pulled over so I wouldn't have to follow a garbage truck. While I was on the side of the road, another garbage truck passed me. Then a livestock truck. Should I have waited a little longer ?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: edilgdaor

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71
Eventually, you may decide you aren't going to get where you're going if you wait forever.

I tried what you're recommending once. I pulled over so I wouldn't have to follow a garbage truck. While I was on the side of the road, another garbage truck passed me. Then a livestock truck. Should I have waited a little longer ?

Actually, by then, I think I would have gone the other direction.

But hey, I still would have held back to avoid all that. I mean, it's only 3-5 miles.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon1

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

I came up behind a semi carrying a load of hogs last summer. I could smell it for 2 miles before I caught up with him. There were hills and curves and no way go get around it. The truck finally turned off on a different highway. Nasty.

Same here...cloudy day, thought we felt it begin to sprinkle...Ugh, hog ****....[:'(]
Oh man...rainin hog ****...now, THAT'S a bad day!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Talked my way out of a ticket