General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAT BOB question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Scrap
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAT BOB question?

Hi guys..

was thinking about getting a "FAT BOB" this September but was wondering are there any modifications that can be done to make it more powerful?

I got a new Suzuki Intruder M800 last November which I just rode across 4 countries from London to Poland and back and it had a comfy cruising speed of about 105mph

I know the FAT BOB like the Intruder also has 120mph on the clock (I squeezed 111mph max out of the intruder) but Id like to realize about 125mph in reality on my next bike..

I also want something built to last an a lot tougher the the Intruder as I plan much longer rides and hence my interest in a Harley.

So.. could a brand new FAT BOB be tweaked to get this extra performance?

Cheers.. Scrap

Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
guitarman777
Road Captain
Default RE: FAT BOB question?

Yes, the Fat Bob can be tweaked out with aftermarket & performance bore kits & exhaust & computer/fuel tuning & intake, etc. You name it, someone makes a part for it to make it perform better. I figured out a whole slew of aftermarket parts that I would get were I in a position to acquire a Fat Bob. Check out Harley's Motor Accessories as well as some of the sponsors and ads linked from this site. Far as performance exhausts go, I like Vance & Hines and Cobra Exhaust.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Scrap
Stage II

Hi Paulo and thanks for your reply..

So roughly what could I get done to this bike to boost performance and roughly what would it cost.. how far off the clock limit could it be taken?

What would you do if cash was not an issue?

Peace.. Scrap.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:35 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XIEDs/IEDs ( www.nightrider.com ); rush slip-ons have been pretty popular and rush has compatible fat bob, others have done the PCIII/fuelpak/etc. with little to no issues, TC96 engine still, just a matter of finding the right exhaust that will bolt up to her. Search for forum member 'the metal' he's done quite a few things to his, almost doesn't look like a fat bob anymore, and seems pretty happy with his setup. I'm all stock for now, except for the XIEDs (which if you search on here, you'll see are enrichment devices which are plug & play between O2 sensors and ECM). Do a search for fatbob owners and you'll see the many variants that are out there.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It may just be me but if I were wanting to run at cruising speeds over 100mph I would probably look into a different bike. That is not what Harleys are meant for. I am not saying thing can't be done to change that but it would be expensive. Just my opinion.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

ORIGINAL: KSGLIDEGUY

It may just be me but if I were wanting to run at cruising speeds over 100mph I would probably look into a different bike. That is not what Harleys are meant for. I am not saying thing can't be done to change that but it would be expensive. Just my opinion.
+1

A dreamer I think.
MikeM

Old 05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: deadman77

ORIGINAL: KSGLIDEGUY

+1

A dreamer I think.
MikeM
+1...I feel a pull on my leg...