General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlantic Station bans motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:38 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Atlantic Station bans motorcycles

ORIGINAL: 3power

Sounds like riders down there brought it upon themselves to me.

"They continually don't abide by the code of conduct down here, continually rev their engines really loud"

These types of"bikers" are ruining it for all of us.
Exactly!!! How many of the people yelling bullshit on this one are the same people running straight pipes. How hard is to understand that the majority of people don't want their ears rattled while they are trying to enjoy being outside. If I was sitting there on a date eating dinner, I would not want to hear a steady stream of loud bikes go by racing their pipes, AND I LIKE MOTOCYCLES!!! It's not rocket science people. Sounds like they have a problem that interferes with their customers, and they found a way to solve it. You make a big enough nuisance of yourself, and I guarantee someone will shut you down. What sucks is we all pay for it. I was over at John Michael Montgomery's for bike night last week. In the past couple of years, you never saw a cop, and pretty much everyone behaved themselves, which has resulted in the freedom to walk around outside the restaurant with beers looking at bikes and having a good time. John hates it when someone comes in or leaves at high speed or cracking their pipes. Well, he wasn't there last week, and for some reason about every 3rd biker comong in or going out felt they needed to race their pipes (Harleys and sport bikes both) and go in and out at high speeds. Wasn't 30 minutes till guess what.....here comes the cops. Is it the fault of the surrounding businesses that they were called???? No, it is the fault of the juvenile bikers who have such ego problems that they just have to bring attention on themselves with their "look at me, I'm cool cause I can make noise" behaviors. My guess is by the end of summer it will be ruined there too.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:53 PM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you say TAXES,,,LICENSE FEE,,,Etc...

Old 05-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

This is just the beginning of this BS!

Old 05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: TequilaJohn

I heard a radio guy coin a phrase..."The United States of the Offended"....'bout sums it up don't it...seems everything offends someone...guess we're just gonna have to ban everything. Are you all still breathing? Stop it...yer pissin me off!
I find your post to be truly offensive. You can expect a letter from my attorney.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
scarnay
Road Master

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...1.1&sflg=1

78% for the bikers. Keep voting!

Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 PM
capt42a
Road Master

Ditto !!!!
capt42a

ORIGINAL: NitroShark

ORIGINAL: anubisss

The wife used to live in Atlanta and says that she can understand why they banned bikes there. Me, I dunno...
I can imagine why they think they needed to do that, but I don't understand why they didn't just crack down on the people breaking the law instead of screwing everybody that rides. It's a bunch of crap IMO.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

I can't open the link so I'm not sure what's up exactly. But, if this area has public roads paid for by public tax money, then the courts ( federal courts ) have already issued a ruling. Any properly licensed vehicle can be operated on any road paid for by public funds. The locals can not disallow use. Period. If that's what's happening, then it is a violation of federal law and will be over turned when it gets challenged in court. Noname

Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I link a map of the Area. http://www.atlanticstation.com/AS_MAP.pdf How is this "developement" able to restrict legal vehciles off public roads.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

ORIGINAL: Buddha4

I link a map of the Area. http://www.atlanticstation.com/AS_MAP.pdf How is this "developement" able to restrict legal vehciles off public roads.
Read the above post, the ban will be over turned when somebody challenges it in court. Noname