General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlantic Station bans motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 PM
bgkv77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Atlantic Station bans motorcycles

I'd like to see a group of about 100 loudazz bikes take a cruise one night through Atlantic Station. I know that would just prove their point, but i like rattleing a cage now and then.

This is rediculous, bust the violators not the motorcycles. We can't racial profile to catch a terrorist aiming to kill us, but we can ban all motorcycles because of a few loudazzes.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
singlepin
Cruiser

Welcome to the future. Doesn't matter if we like it or not. Years ago you never heard of anything like this.It's starting to happen more and more all around the country.More people are getting fed up with the loud noise. In our town, the police have a new law about after-market pipes and noise levels. Abate has got them to back off a little, but they'll try again. Even the MOCO is warning that if we don't police ourselves; someone else will.

I know a lot of people on this board will jump in and post how they have a right to loud pipes but it doesn't change the fact that "the people in power" are trying to find a way to change the laws. I've talked to our city commission members and they say they get calls all the time about motorcycle noise. They say it is one of their biggest complaints.Just my .02.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:55 PM
intempestivus
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never actually taken the bike there but I've been there with the family in the car. Now I don't plan to go back. The thing about this that is most troublesome is that there are high-rise condos there too. If you live there and ride a bike do you have to park 5 blocks away on the street and walk home?

This is typical Atlanta BS. All the good bikerjoints are outside the city anyway so F'em, they can have Atlantic Station. Truth is, the only bikes you see in the city are the crotch rocket stunt junkies anyway.

As for boycotting ATL, if you have to come here let me know and I'll point out some decent places to hang. If you don't have to come, do yourself a favor, don't.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
UncleDon
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just another reason why living on the east coast sucks

Old 05-14-2008, 11:42 PM
USMC7236
Banned

It sounds like someone's wife/girlfriend/daughter/goat/whatever got knocked up by a biker.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:34 AM
dieselweasel
Cruiser

Never been to Atlantic Station and now I definitely don't intend on going. Just another example of the rule of one, one person screws it up for the rest of us.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Bluerose

Hmmm...Hard to tell if they truely have a problem with bikes or a stick up thier butt from here. If they banned ALL bikes then they don't know anything about them. Seriously I have stock pipes and so does Hubby....Heck Hubby's Goldwing it quiter then my car he could bearly scare a mouse if he reves his engine.

If I lived there and owned a bike I would be in court with them in a hot second. Pretty much those that few that don't follow the rules have F'd it up for those that do. And the "establishment" has over stepped the bounds in retaliation.

Unfortuanately it's happening all over with so many things. Unless people chose to fight for thier rights in the end your going to have to sit still at homeso as not to hurt yourself and not to bother anyone else.

I can say when I do my east coast trip (and I am planning one) Atlanta will be a place I avoid. Not Georgia just Atlanta....been ther several times....never really cared for it anyway.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:37 AM
kwoozn
Road Captain

It's nice to have people in a place you can walk and not worry about being run over," said Steve Lytle of Johns Creek.
I'm going to laugh my azz off when I read Steve Lytle of Johns Creekwas run over in the parking lot by a Hummer!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't like the rule, but this won't bother me. I try to avoid going inside the perimeter (I 285) especially on the bike. The northern part of the state is where most of the great riding is.I have little use for Atlanta period.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:58 AM
landest
Road Warrior

Well, I'll try to be open minded about it.

I can understand that noise pollution in an area where you have open air restaurants and shops could be a problem. However, if the goal is to quiet things down, itseems to me that the rule should be uniform for all (trucks, cars, bikes, etc). This of course would be an ordnance that is impossible to enforce (meter man running around with a dB meter? …..

Na.... don't agree with this one.