General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Karma almost got me last week!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
sbdynafan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karma almost got me last week!

Last Friday I was almost killed by a soccer mom! I was making a left turn onto the freeway across 3 lanes, I had a left turn green arrow and I even waited an extra 5 seconds for the one car comin at me to stop at the light (which she did) as I started across the intersection I was about 2 lanes across when the next thing I see to the right of me is this big black SUV about 20 feet from me doing about 50 mph!
She is sitting on the horn screaming at me through the windshield… all I could do was gas it a little and hope she makes the right choices and reactions! Well she ended up veering just enough to miss my rear tire by a foot… as she went by I could hear her screaming expletives and I could see her kids in the back seat through the windshield!
I was so pissed and shaking mad I pulled over at the corner of the on ramp and intersection to see if she was going to stop (she didn’t of course!) but the lady that had been stopped at the light pulled up behind me and said “are you ok?” “I thought she was going to hit you!” I was so pissed I could only look at her and say “yeah I am fine” then she says “I got her license plate if you want to call the cops?”
Now mind you I wanted to beat that freakin crank ***** to a pulp right in front of her kids! But I thanked the old lady and said “no I’m fine… maybe she will realize it was her F’n fault, but I will not pursue it”

The funny thing is my wife just got a photo ticket for running a red light a couple of weeks ago… but she was doing a u-turn and just got caught (by the camera) taking her time because she was being safe. We were both so pissed about it because it ended up being $500 after getting traffic school and we were thinking how lame traffic light camera’s are… well I guess I know they work and could probably use one at this intersection I almost got plastered in.
I am not one to curse at a lady and definitely would never hit one… but if she would have stopped I would probably be in jail right now for beating the crap out of her!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Karma almost got me last week!

You had the tag number and a wittness what else could you ask for. You may have had to go to a commisioner's office or wherever to file a complaint as the cop was not a wittness to the actions of the driver and you would be the charging party. With a wittness this would have been a slam dunk in court. Maybe I've got too much time on my hands, but I'd have dragged her through the process.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:05 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wecroft

You had the tag number and a wittness what else could you ask for. You may have had to go to a commisioner's office or wherever to file a complaint as the cop was not a wittness to the actions of the driver and you would be the charging party. With a wittness this would have been a slam dunk in court. Maybe I've got too much time on my hands, but I'd have dragged her through the process.
just curious, take her to court for what? making him crap his pants?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Jetpat
Banned

ORIGINAL: steveh326

Exactly...I thought about robbing a bank last week for some cash......whatcha gonna do big man?!?!

Old 05-12-2008, 03:16 PM
IRideMineEverywhere
Tourer

Failure to yield, inattentive driving for starters. It may not sound like much, but it might save someone elses life if she is made to realize what she did....

Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
sbdynafan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jetpat

Exactly...I thought about robbing a bank last week for some cash......whatcha gonna do big man?!?!
Well actually the old lady that got her plate was correct in doing so because a police officer does not have to be present to be able to issue a citation for wreckless driving if they infact indangered another motorist and that motorist has more than one witness to back it up!
I know this because some kids in a pickup truck drove by me while I was stopped at a light and threw water balloon at me... it hit by motorcycle and since I didn't know what it was I quickly followed, they ran but I still got there license plate. got home called the cops... about two hours later an officer was at my door asking if I still want to press charges for wreckless endangerment and or aggrivated assult? I said no but I want to talk to those kids parents... needless to say there parents were mortified when the cops showed up with me in tow. I think the parents were more scared of theconsequences than the kids were... but that sure changedafter I talked to them!
That was a good 10 years ago... I don't think cops would do that for menow. It would probably be a straight ticket and then doI want to press charges.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope not forcrapping. As the charging party, you would be asking the judge to find her responsible for traffic violations and you would stand at the table in traffic court where that nice police officer usually stands while his prey is being judged. The judge would question you as to what occurred instead of saying "officer is that the way it happened." You would also be able to have the wittness attest to the actions of the SUV driver. She'd be facing charges of speeding, wreckless driving, running a red light and stupidity (well there should be a law).If you think that only a cop can charge you with breaking the law, then you know little of the law.

JetPak....This woman didn't just "think about running a light", she actually did it and damned near killed a guy.

IRideMineEverywhere has the correct answer.