General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess I'll skip the FXRG Pants for now...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Bluerose
Default Guess I'll skip the FXRG Pants for now...

A local dealer had a pair of FXRG pants in stock...they weren't my size but at least I got to see them. Looked like what I wanted so I said I'd like to order them.

They pulled out the sizing book. It was a bit confusing to figure and the girls were no help so I tried on a pair of HD jeans in the size I thought would fit and they did not fit right. I asked about ordering the pair that looked like the closest fit. Hubby asked about a discount and they said they would give us 10%...OK so I'll order a pair.

Then they told me that if they didn't fit or I didn't want them I would have to pay 20% restocking fee. Now 20% on $350 is $70 for the priviledge of trying on a pair of leather pants that didn't fit, ordered from a book that vaguely gives you a waist size...No length no nothing.

Guess I'll skip it.[:@] BTW the online stores are the same.....looks like something I'll never buy unless I come across them some where.

For you guys that say to just order my size you really should try women's sizes. They are not real cut and dry like a guy buying 30x30. Thejeans I was wearing and the Harleyjeans were an inch different in the same size.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:27 PM
dastark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guess I'll skip the FXRG Pants for now...

That's too bad. I too wouldn't buy w/o trying on first. I was fortunate in that my dealer had my size a few years back. Well worth the money too. H.D. return/resocking is terrible.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmmmm,

Maybe it's time to stop by that "Bridal Shop" again LOL!!!! Actually, it sounds like it's time to be fitted for some custom leathers. I know they are expensive, but they will last your life time. So think of them as a life time investment.

Mark

Old 05-10-2008, 09:27 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not any different for men , harley sizes are weird according to there chart I should wear a size xl jacket but I cant even get my arm to fit all the way in the sleeve much less actually get the jacket on. wrangler jeans I wear a size 38 in h-d jeans 40 is pretty snug.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't know you could still get them. I bought a pair of FXRG pants about eight years ago and have had offers from other riders that want to buy them from me. They are black suede buffalo skin and have some padding in them. I wear size 38 in pants and the FXRG are 38's as well and fit great. I'm wearing them in my sig picture below.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Rose,

I know your pain. Every time I try to buy clothes for my wife, (b-day, xmas, etc) I cant get the size right to save my life. She has pants in sizes from 3 to 9, and they all fit the same! It sucks because I really like to surprise her with stuff that I know she will like, but wont spend the money to buy for herself.

Whoever does sizing for women's stuff needs to be flogged. I've never seen so much inconsistency. You might as well write numbers on the wall, and throw darts at them to pick a size. You'll probably have better luck getting it right.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:51 PM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I though this was about Bluerose not having any pants on. WTF?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: BadBoyFLSTC

I though this was about Bluerose on having any pants on. WTF?
Now Now to see me run around half naked you have to go to the Pacific Rally...Last year they had to see me in a bikini [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 05-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: ww1flyingace

Rose,

I know your pain. Every time I try to buy clothes for my wife, (b-day, xmas, etc) I cant get the size right to save my life. She has pants in sizes from 3 to 9, and they all fit the same! It sucks because I really like to surprise her with stuff that I know she will like, but wont spend the money to buy for herself.

Whoever does sizing for women's stuff needs to be flogged. I've never seen so much inconsistency. You might as well write numbers on the wall, and throw darts at them to pick a size. You'll probably have better luck getting it right.
Boy FlyingAce,

You are one BRAVE Hombre. Now days I just get her "gift cards" to her favorite store. I used to try and her buy clothes, but I quickly learned that there is no correctanswerwhen she asks, "You think I'm that size?"

Sorry I got off topic. The thing is, except for people in fashion magazines, nobody has an "off the rack" body. And leather clothing is too expensive to buyjustto have it"almost fit". So if you are into this for the long run, spend the extra dollars and get it tailor made and custom fitted.

Mark

Old 05-11-2008, 04:10 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

A local dealer had a pair of FXRG pants in stock...they weren't my size but at least I got to see them. Looked like what I wanted so I said I'd like to order them.

They pulled out the sizing book. It was a bit confusing to figure and the girls were no help so I tried on a pair of HD jeans in the size I thought would fit and they did not fit right. I asked about ordering the pair that looked like the closest fit. Hubby asked about a discount and they said they would give us 10%...OK so I'll order a pair.

Then they told me that if they didn't fit or I didn't want them I would have to pay 20% restocking fee. Now 20% on $350 is $70 for the priviledge of trying on a pair of leather pants that didn't fit, ordered from a book that vaguely gives you a waist size...No length no nothing.

Guess I'll skip it.[:@] BTW the online stores are the same.....looks like something I'll never buy unless I come across them some where.

For you guys that say to just order my size you really should try women's sizes. They are not real cut and dry like a guy buying 30x30. Thejeans I was wearing and the Harleyjeans were an inch different in the same size.
I remember the 1st Christmas after I got married (some 29 years ago) and among other things I must have bought my wife 20 items of clothing. All of them were the correct sizes she wears, and not one of them fit. That was the last clothes I have ever bought her...I just hand her money now.

Quick Reply: Guess I'll skip the FXRG Pants for now...